Downgrade ATIV 700t to Win7?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by johnmcd, Jan 18, 2013.

1. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to successfully downgrade an Ativ 700t from the factory installed Windows 8 to Windows 7 (via a clean install)? I have a co-worker that wants to get one, but our IT department currently pushes an older version of our VPN client that doesn't work with Windows 8 (I know - I tried it with Win8 on my S7S and had to revert bacck to Win7). We're supposed to be getting a new rev of the VPN in a few months, but my friend doesn't want to wait that long :cool:

Thanx.

John

2. Indepthof

Indepthof Trip Hop Rock

I'm actually going to see if I can downgrade myself just to see if Windows 8 is horrible at managing the CPU/RAM or if it's the tablet or something I installed. I think I have a copy of the recovery disk that came with the S7S before I sold it. Hopefully it works out and I'll let you know. xD

3. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

Excellent - thanx!

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I don't think think a Recovery Disc from one computer model can be used in another. I think there's a verification process on the beginning of the installation process that will make this fail. My guess is: the only way to try Win7 is with a Win7 disc. I think someone started a thread about this subject a month ago and the endevour was fruitless due to missing drivers.

5. Indepthof

Indepthof Trip Hop Rock

Dang. lol I was gonna do it but I haven't finished downloading something...it's going to take a while.

6. e-schreiber

So has anyone ever been able to successfully install Win7 on the 700T?

7. e-schreiber