Double Click and pen lag issue for C-140x

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by CNNOOO, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNNOOO

CNNOOO Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my new C-140x, everything runs fine except it has issues with double clicking. Every time I tap the pen once, it registers as a double click which makes it very annoying to use. I tried fiddling around with the pen settings and but still has that problem. I think my pen may be damaged.

Another problem I have is that there is some minor lag in photoshop cs3 and Corel painter X. I reduced the lag a bit by removing all the fancy graphical flairs that are associated with the pen, but then a tiny bit of lag still remains.

I currently have
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    2.00 GHz dual core
    2gb ram
    ATI 2300x graphics card

2. Slawek

Slawek My new laptop smoking you

Have you been to this window?

Attached Files:

3. CNNOOO

CNNOOO Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I tweaked around with it but it doesn't help at all.

Okay I found the problem. The pen lag on photoshop and painter is caused by the "hold to right click" option for the pen, turning that off will fix it. But it causes the double clicking problem to arise, where a single tap registers as a double tap. Turing the "hold to right click" option fixes that but then the pen lag returns.

So does anyone have any way to fix it before I go with windows XP?

4. CNNOOO

CNNOOO Pen Pal - Newbie

Turns out you can't downgrade to xp tablet edition :mad:

If there aren't any solutions ill just return this. Ughh, this is a great tablet pc it's just that it doesn't work the way you want it.

5. CNNOOO

CNNOOO Pen Pal - Newbie

ok after searching around and trying to fix the problem for the last time. I found the solution to the double-clicking bug (Fixed the lag problem, fixed the calibration issue, except for this)

Virtual click, a simple and old application that fixes the bug but then might add a few visual annoyances.
    www.tabletpccorner.net/review_pics/70/Click-b1.zip

But I still find it frustrating that there is no permanent fix for this problem. And it's annoying that you have to manually launch it every-time you reboot.

Is anyone else experiencing the double clicking problem??? I read around several forums and I was told that even XP: TE has this bug as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you re-install the OS?

7. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

Have the Thinkpad x61t and as well noticed the lag. You brought me to the idea of switching this "hold to right click" off and it highly improves responsiveness. I don't get a doubleclick problem and at first was soo happy with the pen performance (fantastic!) - but then I figured out that I now cannot rightclick, even though it should with the pen button. Strangely I also cannot calibrate (is freezing). I am using newest Wacom driver from their Website Version 5.05-7. Weird.

Isn't this a big issue for everybody using Vista/Wacom? Find it very strange that after reading this forum for a couple of month nobody has reported this pen lag. Aren't there any PDA users that are accustomed to zero pen delay?

8. CNNOOO

CNNOOO Pen Pal - Newbie

I also found it strange that no one has also reported the lag issue since the biggest reason why I bought a tablet pc is to do quick sketching on the screen instead of a separate wacom tablet. I immediately noticed it on the first stroke when I tried quick sketching in Painter and Photoshop.

Also the virtual click program doesn't fix the double clicking issue for some programs mainly because it was meant for XP not vista.

And yes I DID reinstall the OS but it caused alot more problems as I have to hunt down all the drivers again.

The double clicking occurs only if you turn off both pen flicks and hold to right click option. So it's mostly a vista issue.

9. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

Very strange. l surely do not have the doubleclick problem but...it messes up the inking :confused:

10. CNNOOO

CNNOOO Pen Pal - Newbie

pibach, do you have vista or xp? and what do you mean by messing up the inking? you mean pressure?

Anyways,
    I read a thread on this site somewhere that stated vista fixes the lag issues with the tablet pc for painter and photoshop. I think it was shogmaster that posted it or offered that solution??

But the lag is still there if I leave either the hold to right click or pen flick on. If I turn both off I get the bug....... ARGH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.