Dont understand Lenovo discounts??!!!

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by shademar, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedro

pedro Pen Pal - Newbie

They claim to hurry up and order to take advantage of their 400+/- dollar discount, offer ends soon.

I spec an x61t basically the same as I did over a month ago............the total is about the same!!!!!

where can I find the discount codes, so I may really get a discount?

2. student

student Scribbler - Standard Member

Its been on continuous discount since launch. It will be discounted again. And again, and again. Its a common marketing strategy. Set a high official retail price, but produce a cheap good and keep selling it at discount. The X61T is definately a shoddy product, that no longer can justify a premium price.

3. keith11

keith11 Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

I absolutely hate their price policy.
    You usually have to combine 4 different discounts and promotions to get the cheapest price.
    Really annoying. I managed to do 2 or 3 (with later price adjustments) but was really pissed when I learned about another discount that I could have done if I had know before ordering.

5. x60t

x60t Pen Pal - Newbie

Try register yourself at www.ecoupons.com. It will email you with latest Lenovo offers/ecoupons.

6. shademar

shademar Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, there seems to be an ever shifting mosiac of coupons, discounts, and sales, but I have yet to see the price vary by more than a hundred dollars or so unless you check during one of the short gaps between when the site is updated with new deals. With the current sale, the educational discount and the 16% off coupon, I just ordered a 1.8ghz, 2gb, 160gb, MT/MV XGA for about $1550 after tax, which seemed reasonable but not spectacularly different than when I was looking earlier. MSRP is just there to make you think you're getting a good deal I guess... if I missed anything, let me know though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.