Don't buy a t5010....

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by leaftye, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flybane

Flybane Tablet Convert

It would be really nice if Fujitsu could figure out who's likely to have a machine missing the heat shield and contact us about it... Mine is only as warm as my previous machine so it's not a huge issue, but if there's a missing part, I'd want to know...

2. onthego

onthego Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been told it will ship on Monday, so I won't have any report for a little while. Fingers crossed.

For those wondering if they have an issue, you will know right away, it is not warm, it is hot. Like hot sand at the beach hot, or fry and egg hot. Not warm.

3. Flybane

Flybane Tablet Convert

Hmm.. I hope you're right. My old machine did routinely run 80 C cpu temps or more before undervolting, and I was so used to it.

4. YCJH

YCJH Pen Pal - Newbie

It's really a mild warm, it doesn't distract me from doing anything. Someone must have just been so unlucky to have picked up a bad one.

5. onthego

onthego Pen Pal - Newbie

UPDATE: Heat issue no more, new unit seems normal, only mild warmth felt but definitely not uncomfortable like before. :)

If you have the heat problem that I did, make sure you call, don't ignore it thinking it is normal.

Again, the problem is a HOT laptop, very uncomfortable, causes sweating of the palm, might warp the keyboard.

6. Flybane

Flybane Tablet Convert

Thanks for the update! Glad they fixed it. How long did it take them?

It would have been warmer than about 40 celsius before right? Any chance you could measure the new temperature for me? I feel fine if I'm not resting my hand on the palmrest, but if I do, there are a few spots where it does have a hot sand feel and some warm air coming out of the keyboard. Not enough that I have to take my hand away, but enough that I stop and think, man, that's kind of warm. But maybe I'm just being paranoid...

7. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

awesome! think that might seal the deal for me. thanks for the update.

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'd glad that you proved me wrong. Sorry about doubting you. It's so easy to be doubtful of heat complaints when there have been so many dubious complaints in the past. Anyway, sorry, and thank you for posting an update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.