Does your t902 have the pen cursor-jump/ touch glitch or not?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Steve B, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Does your t902 have the pen cursor-glitch or not?

1. Yes, it does. Happens all the time

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Nope, it doesn't. Never occurs for me.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes, sometimes. It's very mild and not an issue at all.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Perhaps that's where some of the confusion comes from. Darkphantom wrote this in the thread about the glitch--

"I'm still just disabling the ISD_touchuser.exe in the task manager and dealing with it. It doesn't give the glitch with the pen much after that. I have a short-cut on my desktop to restart the ISD_touchuser.exe whenever I want touch re-enabled."

Thus, my presumption that disabling touch disabled the glitch. Much like how Shog somehow disabled touch in his device, and thus has no glitch. Currently, I wear a SmudgeGuard glove when drawing. My understanding is that would help, but not solve, the problem.

I remember there are a couple of other things you can do to help with it-- there were a few things mentioned in the same thread. Settings with the SSD maybe? I can't remember.

In truth, I'm looking a bit a cmenice's t902. It has everything I want- gorgeous big screen, powerful, modular bay, 2 button pen, etc-- except this glitch issue. Has anyone loaded a video up to youtube yet with it?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

DArk Phantom wrote that before we knew as much as we do about the glitch as we do now. Their was a separate wacom driver issue that caused a memory leak completely unrelated to the pen glitch in the T902's. That memory leak has since been SOLVED by Wacom themselves and no longer is a problem. The memory leak is gone with the newest drivers but the different firmware issue with the pen glitch remains.

That is a crazy good deal on CMenice's machine honestly. I think you should go for it. This thing is an amazing beast. Thatcomicsguy works endlessly on tabletPC's and was impressed when playing with it and could see himself drawing on one . thats coming from a big M4 with amazing digitizer experience.

For $950 I don't think you could go wrong with such a powerful and rad system.

Also, you know the exact state of the system you are getting with his unit. You can ask him how his touch works with the screen protector, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Layeyes

Layeyes Pen Pal - Newbie

the only issues I have where its completely off sets is when Im connected to a second monitor.
    other than that its quite mild.

4. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

It happens so rarely for me, that I had to vote No.

stoneseeker likes this.
  5. sopher

sopher Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

Finally I bought my t902... (yeah, I know fujitsu discontinued it, but I found one "like new" on ebay for a good price and solved this long date dream, after surviving 5 years with a t4410)

Anyway...Yesterday I was setting up the windows 7 and the cursor started jump alive by itself... I suppose it is the so famous glitch problem but I recorded in any case, to double check with you who are more experienced than me. I disabled the "Wacom ISD touch service" as StoneSeeker mentioned in one old post. The problem now takes longer to happen, but still happens... (usually when the notebook is idle)

Please, can anyone confirm if this issue is related to the glitch issue or not? I know there were a lot of discussion about this, but since I only have 10 days to return this item (and unfortunatly I am quite busy these days), I must decide quickly if I would keep it (in case it is the famous problem) or return (if it is a completely unknown problem).

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Ps.: The problem stops when I close and open the lid.

Attached Files:

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

WOW. No, that is certainly not the famous glitch. That is whacky. It actually looks like your touchscreen is most likely the culprit, (which even when turned off is never actually off, windows just ignores the events) It looks like something is spazzing out on your touch layer. Your pen isn't even near the screen and it does that? Try uninstalling the Wacom drivers, and running the free version of CCleaner to do a registry clean a couple times, and then reset it. Then check to see if problem is solved when there is no pen driver present. You could also do the same with the Synaptics touchpad drivers, as they have been known to cause issues like that in other laptops. Try disabling your synaptics touch pad under mouse settings to see if it makes a difference. If even after a system restore it still has the whacky cursor spaz, then return it. It's probably a hardware defect.

sopher likes this.
  7. sopher

sopher Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you StoneSeeker. I will try your procedure and see how it works. Yes, the pen is still in its package...

The laptop, by the way, is very elegant when seen alive and, as you always said, the screen and keyboard very good quality.

[]'s

8. cbeater

cbeater Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have this issue, where the cursor starts jumping around. It likely to happen when computer comes back from sleep or on for awhile. It is solved when putting the computer to sleep and back again. Where you able to solve?

9. tabletier

tabletier Pen Pal - Newbie

the problem of the cursor jumping might be from having two different versions of the wacom driver installed simultaneously

10. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all ...

Just to update my situation, I've made today the Windows 10 Anniversary update ... it mixed up with my wacom drivers and automatically switched to 7.3.1.2 version (I was with the 7.2.1.0), witch inevitably f****d the unstable balance between touch and pen that I suppose many of you have experienced.
    Tried to clean uninstall and reinstall version 7.2.1.0 again but it didn't solved the problem.
    So I went (in last resort) to wacom site, and downloaded the last driver to date (version 7.3.4-8) and BAM !!!! ... everything is working flawlessly since then (even better than before I think) , even after several re-boots.
    Is it the new wacom driver or a more stable Windows ... don't know, lets hope it will last.

stoneseeker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.