Does your t902 have the pen cursor-jump/ touch glitch or not?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Steve B, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Does your t902 have the pen cursor-glitch or not?

1. Yes, it does. Happens all the time

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Nope, it doesn't. Never occurs for me.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes, sometimes. It's very mild and not an issue at all.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I am curious about the general consensus of t902 users on this point. I'm not curious if you're using a glove or two, or if you've turned off touch altogether. I'm not curious if its relatively infrequent or not. I'm simply curious if anyone actually has what I would describe as a fully functioning device.

Sometimes, people with issues on a computer are the only ones heard on a forum, right? So, I'm curious- Does everyone have the touch glitch problem? Or are there some users who have fully functioning machines?

Either way, please vote in the pole if you own a t902. If you could give some specs on your device, it would be helpful, so that others might try and get a similar device to yours, if yours is working. What OS, what cpu, how much RAM, etc. That sort of stuff. Ever since Andya said he had a fully functioning t902 running Win8, without any touch glitch, it made me begin to wonder if others have also been lucky.

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

First poller.

Mine is less pronounced because my touch is terrible since installing a screen protector. With a glove and the touch interference I rarely if ever see the glitch. But it's there.
    I highly doubt that some people just DON'T have it. I am very skeptical that Andya doesn't have the problem at all. It seems it's a firmware thing, and unless he's got a secret new firmware, it'll show itself eventually. He has some strange issues we haven't seen elsewhere though (pens not working, makin gmarks while hovering) so perhaps something that is broken on his is interefering with his replicatin gthe glitch?? I just don't know, but I'll be shocked and annoyed if more users vote that they never have the glitch.

3. Steve B

Yeah. It's all rather confusing. I figure I was just curious to see if anyone had a good device. No one really seemed to ask that yet. Perhaps they're out there. I'd be amazed, honestly, if every t902 had the issue. Often a device has a build issues, but as things move forward and more refurb units enter the market, the lemons often get weeded out. It's like the x230t-- I know Zero hates it with a passion, and I know there were some reported build issues, but it's not like everyone has problems with the device. There are happy owners too. Thus, this poll.

As I see new devices roll in, I'm rather torn between going "full power" and getting a true desktop replacement (in which case perhaps the t902/ x230t/ Sony Fit 15 look good) or whether I want to go super mobile and flexible with something like the q704 or q584 (both of which look wonderful but are quite expensive-- particularly for the q584, for a small Atom device). I'm unhappy with the t904 though. Thus, perhaps a used t902 or x230t are still the best options for power.

Honestly, I'm unclear if I even need the sort of horsepower the t902 offers. I'm sure I don't for just about anything I do besides art, and the brushes I want to be using at high res. Anyways, I wish Fuji would just fix this glitch. Then it'd be a shoo-in. As it is, I made the poll to sort of test the waters. But part of me thinks a used x230t might be the best bet for a stop gap-- it's not as stellar a device as the t902 in some ways (slightly smaller screen, screens not as bright or nice, no modular bay), but touch and pen input seem to always work the way its supposed to, and it has the trackpoint and 3-button array, which I use extensively for a number of work programs where I need to mouse-wheel scroll (but don't want to around a mouse).

Anyways, I hope the poll ends up being useful. It sure can't hurt. ;)

4. stoneseeker

Who voted "nope"??? Show yourself! :p

5. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes it does! But only pen
    Quite annoying.
    I also have a screen protector, and I never tried with gloves
    Touch works flawlessly in all applications, except in Photoshop where I have to disable it due to conflicts with pen (jumping all the time), it seems like PS can't choose between hand and pen
    Wacom driver: 7.1.1-16

Best regards

Vitor

6. Steve B

Vitor, I'm confused. Touch works in general, but not in PS, right? What about the pen? Do you have the pen glitch in other programs too? My understanding is that it's program independent, and happens when using the pen in any program, yes?

7. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly.
    Touch is OK everywhere except PS. (I mainly use touch for navigational/selection purposes and never experienced any problem or conflict)
    Pen glitch is general... which means every program.

8. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Major issues with photoshop; I'm assuming because of the wintab drivers introducing extra latency into the mix.

I still get the glitch in all other art programs, and I can generate it just sitting on the desktop with the right combination of resting the palm on the screen and using the pen to jot notes or tap icons.

stand alone touch works great. Pen with a glove or with the hand off the screen works ok. It's passable in Photoshop, although the glove still gives me glitches here and there. I think it still registers some touch input with a single layer cotton glove.

ETA: I forgot that Painter uses wintab too; Painter X3 is downright tolerable on the T902, although I'd still wear the glove to avoid glitching.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  9. Steve B

Ok. So, touch works well in general. No glitches there. Just with the pen use in general-- it's not program specific.

Do any of you use OneNote on this device with a pen? Do you turn off Touch input when using it? So, no scrolling by touch, etc.?

Also, are any of you using multi-touch in your art programs while painting?? For example, Painter x3, Artrage, Clip Studio Paint (Manga Studio 5), and Sketchbook Pro all pan and zoom by touch at the very least. Are all of you disabling touch when drawing though? Sounds like, as it seems to largely solve the glitch, yes?

Just trying to get a sense of how you're using touch with your device (or not using it, as it may be).

10. stoneseeker

Hey Steve,

You can use multi-touch with the T902 just as you would with any other tabletPC. Turning off touch while drawing does not make any difference to the glitch. Only wearing a glove (or 2 ) seems to help. Using the multi-touch while drawing would be the same experience as on the X230t, but with the occasional pen glitch happening regardless of whether you were using multi-touch or not. Since I'm using windows 7 and my art programs have crappy touch implementation, I don't bother with turning touch on. That, and my specific T902 has touch interference (screen protector may be to blame) which I hesitate to fix, because it blocks more of the hardware level touch that seems to cause the issue. So with a half broken touch screen, my pen works that much better.

It's confusing because we are saying that touch on or off does not matter, yet it is touch while the pen is being used that the firmware is glitching with. The difference is: turning off touch does not stop the firmware from receiving the signal. So using touch does not make a difference to the glitch's presence since we can't turn off touch at a deeper level. The only way to effectively stop the computer from actually receiving ANY touch signals is to keep all skin off the screen (glove, float hand, thick screen protector, etc)

Hope that cleared it up for you? As far as using touch in art programs it should be no different than any other tabletPC using the same old Wacom digitizers. It largely depends on the software. The new Clip Studio Paint would work beautifully with touch and pen.

The best work around for the issue right now would be to wear a thin glove inside a thick glove to block your palm and pinky while drawing, and use your left hand to do all your multitouch stuff. As long as your fingers or skin was not making contact on the screen at the same time as the pen, you would never see the glitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.