Does the Venue 8 Pro work with other styluses?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Shayes, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Shayes

Shayes Pen Pal - Newbie

I am specifically asking if it works with the stylus that comes with the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet X220T. Also interested if there is any other different stylus that might work with it.

I have a X220T and was wondering if I could get a Dell V8P and not buy their $50 stylus pen. also ive heard those are having problems, so i would like to keep using mine.

edit: i tried and model 3845 V8P doesnt work with the X220T stylus (Wacom digitizer stylus) and doesnt work with the dell active stylus (active capacitance stylus).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not sure what other active styli the DV8P will work with--my hunch is, it will work with the HP active stylus, as the Dell active stylus will work on an HP system (at least, with the HP Pavilion x2); although the HP active stylus tends to cost significantly more than the Dell version. And, of course, any capacitive stylus will work with the DV8P.

But no need to spend $50 on the Dell active stylus, at least in the U.S.: Dell.com currently has it for $34.99, before applying any coupons or discounts that often can be found (and shipping, as well as any returns, can be free). http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&orig_s=gen&sku=750-aagn&s=dhs I believe that it also sometimes has been sold by Dell for less, as well--the price can fluctuate.

And from all reports, the current version of the Dell active stylus works well--the earlier, unfortunate "kinks" were worked out.

3. Shayes

Shayes Pen Pal - Newbie

4. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They mean those 20c sticks that have a big rubber, and are not smaller then your thumb.
    You can't really call those a stylus.

5. Shayes

Shayes Pen Pal - Newbie

yea im thinking its just a regular piece of plastic stylus with a tip that resembles a fingertip

i wonder how small that tip could theoretically be though...

6. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've seen some that are smallish-pointed--but they are not inexpensive.