Does the Stand Case work with the Series 7 Slate Dock?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by bobp, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djozone

djozone Pen Pal - Newbie

oh its quite sturdy surprisingly, the flap has some type of rubber feet im the middle that keeps it from sliding. I propped it up on my kitchen counter top which is a really sleek surface and had no problems. I only wish there was some type of latch to keep it in place while closed :/

2. Saluda

Saluda Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you think the case will help prevent screen lift issues by reinforcing the back of the tablet?

3. djozone

djozone Pen Pal - Newbie

possibly, however the clips that hold the slate to the case barely cover the the slate's 4 corners... Just enough to click in and stay...

4. Saluda

Saluda Pen Pal - Newbie

I think I will order one then, that sounds like it might help out. I just have to be careful clicking and un-clicking.

On whole with MS store now, they almost did not ship me a replacement. Good thing I did a follow up, they are in the process setting up a new tablet being ship out to me Monday overnight for Tuesday arrival. The orignal guy mess up processing my return. He set up me up a refund, not a replacement. Just confirm Tuesday it will be here.:)

If MS store gives you a reference number write it down, sometimes they forget to associate a reference number to your order.

5. djozone

djozone Pen Pal - Newbie

This is actually my second slate, the first had the screen lift and dust under the screen, I got it from MS store and returned it. Then I heard about the bestbuy business bundle and went with that. Unfortunately it also has the screen lift problem. It's not too bad and now I'm hoping the case would help a bit.

6. Velnica

Velnica Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know where we can get this outside of the us?

7. VegasPat73

VegasPat73 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's great! The day I cancel my case order, they start shipping LOL Guess I'll have to re-order!

8. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder if you can cut out a portion of the bottom edge, just enough so that you can fit the slate onto the dock. I wonder if that will significantly weaken the case. Also, how well is the fit of the case, is it easy to pop the slate in and out?

9. jivemaster

jivemaster Pen Pal - Newbie

This. Us Aussies have a hankering for protection too Samsung!!

10. mendry

mendry Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to first cut out only the bottom lip, but it still won't fit in the dock. I ended up cutting a 4.5" w x 2.25" h square in it. Now it easily goes into the dock with the case on and that doesn't seem to impact the grip the case has on the unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.