Does the Microsoft DisplayCover Concept Interest You?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Ed Hardy, Aug 27, 2015.

?

Does the Microsoft DisplayCover Concept Interest You?

1. Yes, I think that's a great idea. I 'd definitely buy one.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. I might get one, if the price was right

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Interesting idea, but I wouldn't buy one.

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. What was Microsoft thinking? What a dumb concept.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

Earlier this week, the Microsoft Applied Sciences Group unveiled the DisplayCover. As I said in the article I wrote about it, this will be "an accessory which would include both a keyboard and a small touchscreen that can be used to interact with applications running on a Surface tablet."

I'm curious what people think of this idea.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I think of it as something similar to the edge in Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge. It removed notations to a less conspicuous place. But they have also added other features that extends its usage. I think there are more things to be gained do if they release a SDK it should have an interesting potential.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Ed Hardy likes this.
  3. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

voted, not to buy. interesting though. liked that it can be written on. but once i've got the keyboard attached, why bother. the form/function faux pas committed with the concept is the keyboard is moved back to the bottom removing the palm rest. I remember those days, keyboards on laptops weren't moved up for the track pad, though it became standard. One only has to travel on an airplane and use a tray table once to realize the benefit of the palm rest.

Ed Hardy likes this.
  4. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not interested in this. And even if it were to be released on to the market, Microsoft would probably snatch it back almost immediately. Anyone remember the Music Cover?

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I said BUY, on the assumption that the e-ink screen would be user customizable to create shortcut keys within and between applications - it could make the keyboard a preference over an external keyboard. I don't want it if it's just for alternate notifications. Also, the WHOLE SURFACE of the e-ink screen is a touchpad, MAGNIFIQUE!

6. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

Think I would get one. By the sounds of it it would be a great. Altho having used a Surface Pro keyboard I think I would not like to type on it, I like how big the Pro 3 keyboard is.

Certainly a good idea for the rumoured 14" SP4?!