Does the iPad support Microsoft Office?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by NovoJohn, Sep 18, 2012.

1. NovoJohn

NovoJohn Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to type up documents and do excel spreadsheets. Is this possible with the iPad?

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Nope, I don't think so. That's why there's all the fuss about all the new tablets for Windows 8.

3. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Any decent Microsoft Office to use on the iPad ?
    I am having issues with documents to go on the iPad n major synch problems. The company has no tel support either!

4. pook

pook Pen Pal - Newbie

IOS seems have office apps in app store.

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Can someone link to that? I mean no offense, but I don't think that's true. There are other word processing apps, of course, and some of them may be good, but if you want Office, my understanding is you don't have any options on the iPad.

6. acorn

acorn Weeeeeeeee

there are rumors they are making an ms office for osx but a rumor is a rumor and microsoft said they will not comment on it either way. nor confirm or deny.

7. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

You might try Quick Office or Office^2 HD, Apple also have their own office suite, namely Pages, Numbers and Keynotes. All are adequate for basic usage but I believe Apple's ones use different file format.

8. iNotes4You

iNotes4You Pen Pal - Newbie

Microsoft Office for iOS will come in springtime. There are still some problems between Apple and Microsoft regarding the sharing of profits.

I use Apple's iWork suite for iOS since about 2 years.
    Numbers (spreadsheet), Keynote (presentation) and Pages (text) are the best office apps on iPhone and iPad. If it comes to compatibility between Apple's and Microsoft's file formats there was a step forward with the last iWork update. But if you plan to continuously work with Office and iWork you will get major compatibility issues except you use the iWork suite for Mac.

iWork supports the native Apple format .numbers, .pages and .key as well as .xls and .pdf.

If you must use Microsoft Office formats wait until Office for iOS is available.
    All other apps from the App Store will not meet your requirements and all are buggy.

What you can do is to install the app Cloud On, which supports Office 2010.
    Have a look in the App Store. The app has a perfect UI and provides nearly all functionalities of a grown-up Office suite.