Does Panasonic Even Have A Tablet?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by comp_clown, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveNYC

SteveNYC Pen Pal - Newbie

I will say this, if they came out with a Tablet PC that followed along the lines of their W4 laptops, that would be one heck of a device. My office just bought 15 W4 laptops. Wow, talk about impressive. Great battery life, under 2.5 lbs. Included optical (CDRW/DVDROM) and very nice screen.

Their new T4 touchscreen looks disappointing though. I was hoping for something more impressive.

2. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Panasonic does a tablet pc and it is called C18, it is great and all they Toughbooks are stylus touchscreen but only the C18 is the tablet of the series. If you want any more information or help with the Panasonic Tablet contact me and I will inform you with the information and the experenise that I have.

3. Sergei

Sergei Digital Artist

I'm sorry, but I could not disagree more. To my mind, the CF-18 is not just the best Tablet PC, but perhaps the only one!

A contentious opinion... Let me explain. To me, a Tablet is supposed to take the place of paper. It's your notepad, you carry it with you. This I think is a major oversight in the concept of the (normal) Tablet. Unlike a laptop it spends much of its life in your hands, suspended far above the floor. Its chances of a fall are far, far higher. And keeping it by your side through they day, it will inevitably get splashed and knocked around. So to really replace pads, folders and clipboards, all Tablets should be substantially rugged - and have battery life to last the working day. The CF-18 is one of the few, perhaps the only one, to meet those criteria.

I used to eat up paper. As a cartoonist and writer, I carried sketchbooks and notepads everywhere. But everything I sketched or noted had to be brought home and scanned or typed so I could finish it and email it to the publisher. I wanted a device that could cut out that tedious paper-to-PC transfer, allowing me to send work almost as soon as I got the inspiration. I had plans to mod a portable computer with a Cintiq, but then Microsoft announced the Tablet PC and I saw that they were planning exactly what I was thinking. Wonderful. I waited for them to appear.

And waited... It took over a year before any model was announced that fit my pragmatic criteria - and when one did I had to wait nearly another year before I could afford it! But since then I've used this CF-18 every day - often all day - for three years now. For all my work, and a sizable proportion of my play as well. Sure it was expensive, but it's been through situations that would have destroyed lesser computers a dozen times. It greatly simplifies and speeds up my workflow, allows me to work in a completely mobile way, and I've never bought a paper sketchbook since! This is what I call a Tablet PC.

4. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

it seems to me that there are more people who use a toughbook on the notebook review forunms than the tabletpcreview forums. Strange, I say. Strange.

5. comp_clown

comp_clown Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, Panasonic has a tablet it is the C18.
    It is one great tablet.
    My friend has one for his office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.