Does it exist? Searched high and low. 8" with...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by joe joey, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe joey

joe joey Pen Pal - Newbie

i currently have a TW802 winbook been using for 2 years. i like it but its slow sometimes. I have searched high and low and not sure if it exists what i am looking for? can someone lead this horse to water?

8-9" tablet
    windows 10
    4gb of ram or more
    ability to charge and pump to a tv/screen at the same time
    -in essence a usb port and a power port
    - reputable manufacturer

THANKS for any help.

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Only available ones presently are HP8EN & DV8P (that's if you're a digital inking enthusiast). For mirroring on a big screen, read up on Miracast and the MS wireless display adapter 2. That way you can charge and mirror at the same time. Unfortunately the HP8EN which I really love has only 2gb and a paltry 32gb storage, that's the reason I just ordered a refurbished DV8P which has 4gb and twice the storage of the HP. But let's look forward to next year when windows on arm devices are released and we might get a Surface mini

Sent from mTalk

3. joe joey

thanks for the info. yeah i have had a unit with Miracast in the past and it failed me when i need to do a work presentation so i am gun-shy. the unit i have is ideal as it has hdmi out and i also have a display adapter but it chokes with the 2gb of ram too many time : ( i really want 4gb at least. a mini surface i would buy with fists. : )

Does this MS wireless display adapter 2 work well? how easy is it to hook up. do you use it ever for work presentations?

thanks!

4. nnthemperor

Yeah! Had the first version and recently got the version 2. It's very reliable, I use it in my class for presentations and videos with the HP8EN and at home use it with the ASUS mini projector to watch videos.

Sent from mTalk

joe joey likes this.
  5. joe joey

thanks again for walking me through this... question for you: everyplace i go to to give a presentation will have a different setup. i would be dealing with different tvs and monitors to hook into do you think this would be a good solution using the MS wireless display adapter 2?

also do you have to plug into the back of the tv or if they have some kind of dock setup on the table of the conference room that ties into their AV system is that a problem? and finally do you have to power the MS wireless display adapter 2 by plugging it into the tv or could you plug it into a different power source if there wasnt a free usb port on the tv? just trying to think ahead and not get caught flatfooted.

the other throught i had is to buy MS wireless display adapter 2 and the DA200 this way my bases are covered.

i still dont get why they dont make a powerful road warrior tablet with these features built in. win book 802 with 8gb of ram would be a winner or the like!

thanks again

6. nnthemperor

The thing is that you can either plug it into the AV system, directly to the projector or the TV, but there has to be an HDMI port. The wireless display adapter doesn't come with its own power source, just a USB for power, so the whichever device you plug into either has to have a USB port or you can get one of those powerbank (you know , the external battery packs). I also have one just in case there's no USB port on the device. Thankfully, those come in very portable packs now and can last forever..
    I also got a display port to HDMI adapter for those places that have old AV systems without HDMI ports.
    All in all, the MS wireless display adapter has made work easier for me.

Sent from mTalk

joe joey likes this.
  7. joe joey

thank you for all the information.

8. eelpout

eelpout Pen Pal - Newbie

still kicking myself for dropping my WinBook TW801 and breaking the screen. that thing was great to have as a small Windows tablet with both a full USB and HDMI ports. My replacement Toshiba is OK, but I have to remember to carry around the OTG USB cable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.