does hdmi work with intel gpu?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by chinatm2t, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinatm2t

chinatm2t Pen Pal - Newbie

hello,everyone.I owned a tm2t 2100.The hdmi work pefectly with the ati gpu.But when I switch to the intel gpu,the tv has no graphs that means the hdmi doesn,t work.So I just wonder if I set somesthing wrong or I didn't have the latest driver from hp.Or the intel gpu actually dosn't support hdmi?Thx in advance.

2. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

If you have the ATI option, hdmi is limited to work only on the ATI gpu for whatever reason.

hdmi only works on the intel gpu on models that do not have the ATI option

3. chinatm2t

did u mean if i install the intel drivers which dosn't support ati gpu,the intel gpu would support hdmi port?
    and if i install the ati driver which contains or support switchable gpu,the hdmi only work in ati gpu mode,and doesn't work in power-saving mode ?
    am I right?

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I think everyone here who has the ATI GPU, has both ATI and Intel drivers installed. I don't know whether the Intel drivers "alone" would enable the functionality. What is known for sure is that in a TM2 with "switchable graphics" (ie: Intel + ATI graphics) in which both Intel and ATI drivers are installed, the HDMI out only works when the ATI graphics is running.

5. chinatm2t

so..pesonally i wonder why ati didn't realise a driver that could enable hdmi port with the only intel gpu working?

6. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

The HDMI port only works with Intel GPU if you don't have the ATI card. The reason behind this is that HP decided not to hard-wire it to the IGP (they may have had a few reasons for that).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.