Does anyone have an actual European T4220 yet?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

At the end of July I had finally made up my mind to buy a Fujitsu-Siemens T4215. Should have taken around 10 days (custom-configured machine), but a few days later I was informed by the shop where I had ordered it that unfortunately the T4215 wasn't available anymore. :( They offered me a T4220 instead, same configuration, same price. A good offer, so I accepted. The only catch: the T4220 wasn't available yet. :rolleyes: It should have been last week, then this week, now they say it'll hopefully be next week. :D

Soooo, the question is, does anyone have a European T4220 yet (the Fujitsu-Siemens one)? After all, some shops finally offer it (haven't found anyone who has it in stock, though) and the German Fujitsu-Siemens website finally knows about its existence... :eek:

Oh, and P8RSON, do you, by any chance, have some inside information on T4220 availability? :D

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I fully understand where you are coming from on this.
    It was the same with the T4210 and the T4215.
    Whilst Fujitsu were pushing these out, Fujitsu Siemens were being kept waiting.

Further what annoys me is the lack in configurable machines.
    Fujitsu will lay out a machine to whatever spec you wish, yet FSC only release the model in it's basic set up; 1.8GHz, XGA, 80GB machine and for that you end up paying a lot more than our US friends.

I've talked to them until I'm blue in the face.
    Their answer is that in Europe the Tablet has yet to see the impact which both the US and Canada hold.
    As such, with little demand it is financially unfeasible to release a machine in different spec setups.

So.... when will we see the T4220 over on this side of the pond?
    Well in the UK it will be by the end of the month... That I have been assured will happen.
    Germany should also follow suite the same time.

If it doesn't, please let us all know.

3. Vince

Vince Pen Pal - Newbie

I talked with Fujitsu Siemens Product Manager here in Italy and I can agree with P8rson that the T4220 will be released by the end of the month.
    Product Manager also told me that the T4220 is completely configurable like in the USA (except for the SVGA+ screen which is not available in Europe).
    All you have to do is go to your local business reseller and build your machine.
    The only problem is that the T4220 is very expensive compared to the model that is sold in the USA (2.200 € for the basic model).
    This is what happens in Italy. I don't know why Fujitsu Siemens in the UK don't let you configure your machine.

PS sorry if there are many mistakes! :eek:

4. P8RSON

Vince,
    Are they allowing you to choose a different processor?

5. Vince

Vince Pen Pal - Newbie

I called Fujitsu Siemens call center and by chance I had the opportunity to talk with Product Manager in Italy: they both told that business products are completely configurable.
    I'm interested in the new T2010 (which isn't still available here in Europe), so I can't tell you if it is true or not but this is what they told me.
    I hope that the T2010 will be available soon because I can't wait too long and I'm starting to consider the HP 2710p.

PS There's also a price-list available on Fujitsu Siemens italian site:
    http://server-uk.imrworldwide.com/c...ujitsu-siemens.it/Resources/71/2127296924.xls

6. P8RSON

If you are truly interested in the T2010, you could always use Laptop Authority.
    Whilst they are based in the States, they sell overseas and are thought of highly.
    They also post on this site.

See here for one example of the T2010.
    A faster 1.2GHz and larger 80GB Hard Drive version is available here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. MR_fanny

MR_fanny Pen Pal - Newbie

hey P8RSON, sorry for the hi-jack but would you know if Australia is gonna get the SXGA display and 2.4ghz processor for the T4220? dont want to go out and get to find out that i could have gotten it with the above specs.

cheers.

8. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, thanks. End of the month is bad, I feared it would be something like that. :( Maybe I'll be lucky for a change and get it a bit earlier... :rolleyes:

btw, P8RSON, custom-configured is no problem here. I just told my reseller I wanted the 2.0GHz one, could have gotten 2.4, bigger harddrive and everything as well, but I thought it wasn't worth it. I also have the modular battery as part of my configuration and not as an accessory. Only thing you can't configure is the screen.

9. P8RSON

Sorry, I've no idea what the Australia market is doing.
    Your best bet is to call them direct and ask.

Most interesting....
    The screen I understand but the processor change is intriguing.
    Time for another phone call I think. :)

10. Vince

Vince Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your suggestion P8rson.
    I was considering this option.
    This configuration will suit perfectly my needs and the price (with warranty extension, shipping and taxes) is reasonable.
    My only concern is about the layout of the keyboard.

Since I can wait for a while, I'll be looking for more reviews that could help me with my decision.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.