Does anyone have a T725 that they're willing to review/answer questions about for me?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Emily1799, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily1799

Emily1799 Pen Pal - Newbie

There are literally 0 reviews of the Lifebook T725 online, and it's one of very few computers that have the features I want at a reasonable price. What do you think of it? A good picture of the keyboard would also be appreciated (the stock ones only have a view from off to the side...)

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 Yes, I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Emily1799, T725 basically is a T734 with Broadwell ULV CPU, backlit keyboard and bigger touchpad; port layout also a little bit different. Being Broadwell, it should be able to use 16GB memory module, making it up to 20GB RAM total.

What do I think of it... Got my T734 for $600, and I wouldn't pay much more for T725 - because, while being newer, unlike T734 it's neither available with, nor upgradeable to i7 quad. T725 also lacks expresscard slot - no big deal, but still nice thing to have.

Bottom line, T725 is a very nice machine, but not much of an improvement over previous model. If you're OK with T725 price, or can find it real cheap - go for it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. Emily1799

Emily1799 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't even know what an expresscard is, and my use case (OneNote and taking notes) most definitely does not require an i7. What's the keyboard like, and is it reliable? Thank you for answering btw.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

To add to Starlight's informative answer, I would go even a step further and call it a "downgrade" if your someone who uses more power hungry software such as Photoshop or Flash, etc. The Broadwell ULV should be fine for most uses, but if this machine is intended for more productivity software, the T734 is still much more capable in its processing power and TDP.

5. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

The Fujitsu site says the maximum available supported memory in the T725 is 12gb (4gb fixed + 1 slot)

6. Starlight5

utopian201, yes, it's OK. AFAIU unless there's some BIOS glitch, 16GB module should work. Too bad not the case with T734 =/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  7. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

ah ok, I didn't even know you could get 16gb modules. Because 4gb is soldered on, only a total of 8gb of the 20gb would work in dual channel anyway.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Starlight5

utopian201, many modern tablets & ultrabooks have single-channel memory, so 8GB dual + everything beyond single is still pretty good. 10% difference between dual and single channel at best, and in most tasks there is none or it is negligible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.