Does anyone find the touch (dual touch) useful?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mysticle31, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysticle31

Mysticle31 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking of replacing my M700 with a 2730p. I'm tired of the isses with the M700 and would probibly like the size, batt life, and screen of the 2730p better.

The only thing, I havn't played with the finger touch much. Does anyone find it useful?

2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

On my Dell XT, I use touch all the time. However, I think that if it was resistive touch like the other tablets with touch have (except of course the TX2) then I wouldn't use it.

3. KwiHa

KwiHa Pen Pal - Newbie

I like it on my X60. When I'm just browsing, reading books/pdf's....
    For basic control it's enough and comfortable, but of course for heavy work I use the mouse and for writing the pen.

4. Mysticle31

Mysticle31 Pen Pal - Newbie

Any apps it's useful for? Things I havn't played with yet.

I just orderd the 2730p, so I hope all is well. It has a jog wheel which I can hopefully use for scroll up/down control. I played with the touchscreen on my M700 and it's not near accurate enough to go hit start and a menu item. It's great for dragging things around though it seems.

5. JohnM109R

JohnM109R Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys Ihave a 2617ca tablet from hp is there a multitouch software that would work for this tablet ?

6. JohnM109R

Isn't there multitouch for the tablet can't remember where though any advice would be nice... I did a search but nothing came up..:)

7. sfdoddsy

sfdoddsy Pen Pal - Newbie

I use mine on my M700 all the time, especially when couch surfing. It's a lot quicker to touch the screen than it is to use the touchpad.

I don't use it for typing or handwriting, other than when browsing, just for navigation.

8. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

John, there's no 'multitouch' for your HP, it's single touch only (unlike the TX2). AFAIK HP also don't supply any multimedia touch app for it. I think some have tried to run the mutlimedia apps from other HP models though with mixed success.

The 'touch' should work throughout Windows and standard apps though as default, ie. just the standard drivers.

9. JohnM109R

Thanksyou :)

10. Osiris

Osiris Scribbler - Standard Member

The mis-information here prompted me to post.

The HP 2730p has NO, i repeat NO Touch, multi-touch or otherwise - capabilities. It is Active Wacom Digitiser only. Meaning you can only interact with the screen via the pen or supported pens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.