Docking Stations

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Anthonyjm, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confused-but-Interested

Confused-but-Interested Pen Pal - Newbie

As for docking stations - who has the best fit - best price?
    Any ideas?

High hopes for Healthcare :eek: .

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Which model/brand Tablet are you seeking to use with a docking station?

3. Confused-but-Interested

Confused-but-Interested Pen Pal - Newbie

Not a for sure deal yet.
    I like the slates - but I want to be able to stick it in a docking station - use it like a desktop here and there. Looking at Motions apparent grab and go - keboard doesnt look attached - neither does the drive - USB or wireless. More things for me to buy serparately perhaps. Then there is the mobile dock - but doesn't look too sturdy to me. But I sure would love to get my hands on a tiny tablet. Anyone know the battery life on these little guys? I'd love to see someting small come from Electrovaya - now that'd be something.

4. Anthonyjm

Anthonyjm Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking at docking stations myself for the Acer TavelMate C314. It arrives in a couple of days and I still need to pick out a dock for it. The Acer one is nice, but I was hoping for a stand. Any ideas?

5. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

A stand for what? What are you going to use the docking station for? I was looking for one for my C314, but then I thought: For what? Unless you could have an external keyboard, an external mouse and an external display attached at the same time you are using the tablet display to write on. Now that would be interesting!

6. Anthonyjm

Anthonyjm Pen Pal - Newbie

I am plan on using it with an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, ethernet, ect... So unhooking all those cables every time I bring it to work and class is rather cumbersome. I will be using the external monitor as my primary screen and the laptop screen as my secondary. Also, I like some of the Dell and HP docking station/stands that allow you adust the the laptop screen to a comfortable hieght, but these are all proprietary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.