Do you use the screen protectors on the T4220?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by RocketScientist, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks,

Just curious about how many of you have chosen to use the included screen protectors that ship with the T4220? I am torn between a desire to protect the screen and the radically different feel between the screen and the screen protectors.

The screen really feels a lot like paper, something I really like. My last tablet, an HP, had a very smooth glass screen, and it could be tricky to write well on.

The screen protectors add a very similar, very smooth feel that I think makes it more difficult to write legibly on the screen.

My typical anticipated use case for this is writing for several hours per day in classwork and at work (think engineering diagrams and notes). That is definitely some significant wear and tear potential for the screen.

I don't think that the pen tip would be a harder material than the screen, so the pen should not scratch the screen. Therefore, I see the role of the screen protector as protecting against other accidental damage (ie maybe smacking the screen with a cup of coffee, etc, etc).

What do you think?

RS

2. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

The reason for scratches is not the pen tip itself, but things that may get stuck in it.

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The screen protector does more than protect against particles that may get trapped between the stylus tip and screen; it also protects against minor coffee stains, inevitable dust pickup, spittle, etc... anything than could possibly get on your screen.

4. Alpha Technogoddess

Alpha Technogoddess Tablet PC Noob

I plan on using one once my computer arrives. No harm in that. Also a friend of mine with a T2440 has one on his.

5. recycle

recycle Pen Pal - Newbie

This may sound like a silly question, but... how do you get the darn thing on?? I tried a couple of times and I always got air bubbles no matter how careful I was. Anyone have a full-proof technique?

(Yes, I am pathetic. :p )

6. gadget

gadget Pen Pal - Newbie

You think you're bad? I didn't realize that there was a BLUE screen protector on the thing and was complaining about the screen quality!

It sounds like you are trying to stick the wrong piece to the screen. The "right" piece only has adhesive around the very edges so there are no air bubbles to speak of.

7. MichaelH99

MichaelH99 Pen Pal - Newbie

I did the same thing when I got my 4215. Of course, there were no $%#^ instructions to tell me how to put the thing on.
    Fortunately I had kept the *real* screen protector and a month later, after having put a small ding in the screen, I put the protector on and I haven't regretted it at all. Yes the texture of the screen is different but it didn't take that long to get used to and I'm much less worried about damaging my screen.
    Put it on. There's no good reason not to.

8. minty

minty Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm... sounds as a good thing to have, but don't they are expensive?
    I looked for one for my t4215, but they cost 115 euros (157 usdollar), is it just me or isn't that just a lot of money for just a protective piece of plastic?

In every case... I don't have the money for it, otherwise I would want to have one (I want my tablet ofcourse as good as possible for as long as possible).

9. SgtDirtbag

SgtDirtbag Scribbler - Standard Member

115€? :eek:
    It's probably cheaper to just replace the screen when it's busted. :p

NuShield ships worldwide and each protector only costs 20$.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Minty,
    Have a look at the NuShield protectors. They are only $20 per protector.

Edited: Apologies SgtDirtbag.... You made your post as I was compiling my answer.
    Funny though how we both picked exactly the same protector and the same price.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.