Do you use a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by 123456, Jul 7, 2007.

?

Do you use screen protector?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No

113 vote(s)
    63.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optobear

optobear Pen Pal - Newbie

@x60t: Where did you buy your Capdase iX Taku protector? I can't seem to Google or eBay it for a x60/x61...

@Mike75: Did you buy the EXiM from the seller "pda-now" located in HK? Just checking to see if they're trustworthy since I once bought 2 cellphone cases from HK off eBay and one never arrived (from different sellers). And that their EXiM screen protector is not just a knockoff.

Thanks!

2. x60t

x60t Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought it in a shop in Hong Kong. They applied it for me free of charge.

3. archiwiz

archiwiz Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought my EXiM from them, and it arrived a few days ago, so they're trustworthy.

4. keith11

keith11 Scribbler - Standard Member

After having the tablet for more than 5 months now I am thinking of getting a screen protector. There are a few reasons for that:

1. I think somehow the tip of my pen got scratched and then it kind of scratched my screen a little, which, of course is not visible right away. Some would not call it even a scratch, but still it wasn't there earlier.

2. I am tired of cleaning up the smudges which are sometimes not easy to get rid of if you don't have special cleaning liquids and wiping cloth for that.

3. I saw a friend with the Writeshield protector and I liked the way it fit and the brightness of the screen even with the protector.

So, I intend to buy the Writeshield protector from PPCtech.
    Are there any deals on Writeshield protectors? I looked at fatwallet.com but didn't find any deals. I would appreciate if someone also gives me some input about their experience with Writeshield.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Xotica

Xotica Pen Pal - Newbie

The writeshield is a great product that does not finger print. The only thing with writeshield are that they are expensive. I would not recommend buying more than one because they last for a really long time. I switched to using the 3M vikuiti screen protectors because I like writing on a glossy finish more than a gritty one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. keith11

I have ordered the Writeshield AG (antiglare) which will arrive on Monday. Hopefully my experience of writing on the tablet will be much better after that.

Keith.

7. keith11

So I finally got the Anti-Glare Writeshield screen protector after using this tablet for 6 months. Installing it included proper cleaning of the screen with a solution soaked small paper napkin, wiping it dry with a microfiber cloth and then meticulously installing the screen protector. It took me about half an hour.

Once I was done with cleaning the screen and wiped it dry, the screen appeared like new. The screen protector looks good with just a little reduction in brightness. I am confused about one thing though: although it says anti-glare, how come I see my own reflection in the screen? I think I will have to get used to this effect. I have not yet written on it so I don't know how resistant it is to fingerprints. The main reason I bought a screen protector is to protect the screen from smudges and the build up of thin oil layer which could contribute to the scratches on the screen.

Keith.

8. optobear

optobear Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you still see the scratches on your screen? Let us know how the writing feels with a screen protector on. =)

9. keith11

There were absolutely none to minor scratches so that wasn't a worry as much it was about the smudges. The writing feels better with the protector on and the smudges are barely noticeable. So far so good.:)

Keith.

10. match000

match000 Pen Pal - Newbie

The conclusion I get after reading all 8 pages is that there are 2 pre-dominant favorites:

- BoxWave Crystal Clear Type
    (or BoxWave Anti-glare but apparently this version causes slight blur in low-light)

- Writeshield

Writeshield feels "grittier" to write on -- I guess it feels more like paper. Not sure how the Boxwave feels like (but it does feel better).

Both cover the screen pretty well (up to 1 mm to teh edges for the Boxwave, not sure about exact coverage of the Writeshield).

The Writeshield is quite thick (good for protection). Not sure about thickness of the Boxwave.

I think its down to a matter of price for these, now. The Writeshield costs an arm and a leg..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.