Do you use a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by 123456, Jul 7, 2007.

?

Do you use screen protector?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No

113 vote(s)
    63.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thcomb

thcomb Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a photodon HiDef protector on my x201. It's the best combination of crystal clear and light diffusing. It basically looks exactly like what the screen looks like by itself.

My only gripe about it, is it doesn't span the whole glass screen edge to edge, just the lit part. It makes it annoying to be right on the edge when scrolling a page up and down and have the stylus fall off the protector onto the glass. Especially because the digitizer accuracy is so far off when working on the edge of the display.

At first I hated the feel of not writing on glass, but I've gotten used to it and now prefer it. It's closer to pencil on paper feel.

2. dupain

dupain Pen Pal - Newbie

I think the next step should be for all tablet solid glasses like ForceGlass™ or Corning® Gorilla® that replace actuel plastic screen, because writing or drawing with Lenovo tablet now is plastic against plastic so at the end the screen end damaged. Wacom stylus have 5 replacement nibs, but it costs a lot to replace the screen

3. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

I use a screen protector because I'm paranoid like that, but at the end of the day what is $20 for a little extra piece of mind?

I also use the Photodon HiDef protector, and like that it makes inking feel smoother.

2d

4. AndreR

AndreR Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought an Exim screen protector from Ebay. They claim:
    • Anti-glare (matte)
    • 90% light transmission
    • Scratch resistant.
    • "Paper-feel"

My system: ThinkPad x201t with Outdoor screen.

Before I have installed it.

Cons
    • Grease magnet! I haven't seen anything attract grease like this!
    • No paper-feel, and very resistive (no glass feeling) to write on before it get's greasy.
    Pros
    • Excellent image (like glossy but without being glossy)!
    • Brilliant outdoor performance compared to other displays!

After I have installed it.

Cons
    • Much more reflective/glare!
    • Grainy, diffuse picture.
    Pros
    • Paper-feel. It feels much better to write on.
    • Seems scratch resistant.
    • Much more resistant to grease..

Verdict. The image is worse, and much more reflective. But the paper-feel is great. I can't decide which one I would prefer more. Will go for the paper-feel for the moment, but I do get annoyed by the severely increased disturbances on the display image.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  5. Timmy Roxane

Timmy Roxane Pen Pal - Newbie

It's a must have to get a protector! I purchased mine through Amazon which is completely legit!

6. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Little update here. I've actually removed the screen protector as I would tired of the decrease in accuracy on touch. Since then I've felt that it would not be necessary, and would be better to just have insurance in place should a problem arise.

2d

7. hp79

hp79 Scribbler - Standard Member

People with x220t or x230t, did the screen protector interfere with touch capability? Ivknow that 3M Vikuiti matte screen protector will disable touch, and even cause electric shock when applied and while removing with the screen on.

I also tried some matte screen protectors on my galaxy note, but the white background would look too grainy that I couldn't use it. This might be a problem only for high dpi screens, I don't know.

I went ahead and ordered Exim clear screen protectors from ebay. I hope it works well with the touch.

8. person400000

person400000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.