Do you use a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by 123456, Jul 7, 2007.

?

Do you use screen protector?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No

113 vote(s)
    63.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheesetogo

cheesetogo Scribbler - Standard Member

While the screen is very resistant to scratching, I've found that it still occurs on occasion. Not to mention, the SuperView coating smudges heavily and is very difficult to clean off completely.

2. tsttm

tsttm Pen Pal - Newbie

new to forums!

how do you message/private message members? i don't see the option. Anyway, i read this informative thread & noticed user dspacekd mentioned they had an extra writeshield screen- albeit it was a while that this was posted.

I wanted to message them to see if they still had it. Couldn't figure out private message, so leaving a regular thread post here.

So, i see a lot of recommendations for boxwave & writeshield..but i was shocked how expensive they are..considering i see the exim protectors on ebay for $20 shipped. are the writeshields (or boxwave) THAT superior?

3. jonjon1138

jonjon1138 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi tsttm,

Did you look in youtube? There is whole bunch (8-10) of screen protector demonstrations / reviews done by Truc of GBM. Just search for screen protector on youtube.com

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

@ tsttm normally when you click on a users name if they've allowed private messages, the option should come up there.

5. CG-eng

CG-eng Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. StarTAC_Fan

StarTAC_Fan Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a screen protector for the exact dimensions of the X200? There's not bevel on the X200 so would that matter?

7. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

I've tried a few (but only remember the last two, incl the current one), and photodon crystalclear is the best option.

I was afraid that the "crystal clear" thing will make outdoor readability a mess, but I find that focusing the light source to one spot is better than diffusing all over the screen. I can change the angle to move the sunlight to the corner or something, but when diffused (as in, w/o the protector, or w/ a matte screen), the screen becomes washed out, and requires more backlighting.
    I think the combination of x61's screen + crystal clear protector diffuses some, and reflects some, which is good.
    One thing to avoid at all cost (or at no cost?) is invisible shield. That's the worst thing you could put on your tablet pc, period. Trust me on this!

I'm about to get my x200 in few hours, and I've already ordered photodon's protector (x200 is way ahead of schedule :D). I'm getting the touch screen version, but they have the flush screen one as well.

8. pastorbbc

pastorbbc Pen Pal - Newbie

It is better to try one -- if it works for you it is good insurance. I did not think I would like it -- but really don't notice it on the screen. IMHO -- should at least try it.

9. pastorbbc

pastorbbc Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I've given the screen protector a try -- did not like the experience. Maybe a different brand?

10. ZaZ

ZaZ Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't use one, but I got accidental coverage should a problem arise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.