Do you use a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by 123456, Jul 7, 2007.

?

Do you use screen protector?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No

113 vote(s)
    63.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newjstme

newjstme Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I have x61 TABLET and I want to buy bigger screen protector insted of the "X61 12" screen protector" and to cut it by my self.
    can you tell me if there is diffrence between "EXiM Screen Protector Apple MacBook Pro / iMac 17" inch" and the "EXiM Screen Protector for HP Pavilion dv9800 dv9700 17"? is this the same?
    will both of them work with my X61 tablet?
    thank you.

2. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't want to trudge through the ten pages of people saying if they do or don't have a screen protector, on tablets that sometime have nothing to do with the thinkpad.
    I want to know if the x61 already ships with a screen protector like the portégé m200/m400 or the fujitsu T4000? If so, why put a screen protector on top of it, just wait and see if the screen is noticably scratched and replace the existing one.
    Personnally, i bought a used portégé m200 second hand and it should be around 4 years old now, and i don't see any "scratches" by penstroke, just grease marks that can be wiped, and if there were scratches it becomes irrelevant give the speed at witch the screen dirties itself.

3. JwY

JwY Pen Pal - Newbie

It has what seems like a screen protector, but I would say it's more of a coating. It's not something you can peel off and replace.

4. newjstme

newjstme Pen Pal - Newbie

its great... its maat... its like its not there... I now feel safe when I draw... I sleep better...

5. Spare Tire

Exactly how do you put a screen protector on a x61 anyways? Usually a tablet doesn't have a bezel on top of it, it should be level with the screen itself. Has anyone tried removing the screen bezel before applying a screen protector that would be cut slightly larger than the surface framed by the bezel, and them put the bezel back on top of it?

6. alphaod

alphaod Pen Pal - Newbie

Why would you remove the bezel put on the screen protector. AFAIK most screen protectors are designed to be a fit smaller than the inside bezel.

Personally I don't use a screen protector, but for my other devices the protectors are usually smaller than the actually panel.

7. Spare Tire

Fujitsu and Toshiba tablets have no real bezel, or rather, the bezel is level with the screen, and the protector goest over the bezel and the screen. Since the thinkpad has a bezel that is on top of the screen, that would explain my question.

8. Mitch0686

Mitch0686 X61t vs. Black Chiney

Its pointless, the screen is pretty durable and scratch resistant by itself. Just be careful people.

9. eyecon82

eyecon82 Pen Pal - Newbie

well..i don't use one because of the warranty my school provides.....i can run the darn thing over and they'll give me a new one

10. alphaod

alphaod Pen Pal - Newbie

That's the spirit! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.