Do you have any scratches after a year of use?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by kurt_hectic, Jun 6, 2012.

1. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

Do you have any scratches on the screen after a year of use?
    I had it on my 3x intuos tablets and on my wacom cintiq 15x so I'm using a screen protector but...
    If any of you who uses the tablet to draw can confirm to me that there is no scratches after a year then I could try to draw directly on the screen...

2. tannerwooden

tannerwooden Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased my EP121 on Craigslist from a guy who had it for a year and a month. He also had two young children who loved to play with daddy's computer. It looks brand new. Not a scratch on the screen that I can see. I'm going to use it in my line of work as an auditor/carpenter, so we'll see how it holds up in a work truck.

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I took mine screen protector off after day 7. Not a scratch.. knock on wood. Always clean your pen tip and screen would help.

bottom line is YMMV.

4. fa6ade

fa6ade Pen Pal - Newbie

Been using it without a screen protector for a year, no scratches. Although I carry it in the folio case all the time.

5. ginger_ninja

ginger_ninja Pen Pal - Newbie

No scratches, here!

6. ThornyJohn

ThornyJohn Pen Pal - Newbie

No scratches on the screen at all, but as fa6ade noted, I also use the folio religiously.

7. KiyoshiAphelion

KiyoshiAphelion Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got a folio and SGP Crystal screen protector. My glass is perfect as day 1, but I've got some very fine scratches in my screen protector from dust getting on my stylus tip. They are so small, only I can notice them, but you can see them if you hold the tablet up to the light at an oblique angle. I bought mine about a year ago and it survived taking notes for year 2 of med school (that's a lotta notes).

8. kwg06516

kwg06516 Pen Pal - Newbie

One year plus and no scratches front or back, though I keep mine in the sleeve all the time and I don't wear jewelry made out of anything harder than topaz, mohs 7, whereas gorilla glass is nearly mohs 9, sapphire.