Do You Have a TX2-1020us w/ Vista 32bit Home? (plea for help)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by nosliw, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosliw

nosliw Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm really sad about a decision that I made, and ask for your help please in arriving at a solution. I'd posted this once before, but nobody has yet offered a hand.

I bought a tx2-1020us with Vista 64 bit Home Premium (because that is what CompUSA had on hand-no 32 bit). Now I'm having lots of compatibility issues - and it's very frustrating!

I want to install the 32 bit version, and want the ease of having all of the drivers pre-installed. I understand that the OEM license applies to both so I can install the 32 bit version under the 64 bit liscence, yet HP will NOT sell me the restore disks for the 32 bit. Bureaucracy!

Would someone who has a tx2-1020us with Vista 32 bit Home Premium be kind enough to help me out please? This could be either ordering the restore disks from HP, or sharing a copy of your very original backup file (if you still have it-the one on your backup partition when you purchased the computer).

I have a preference for the HP disks (which are free but with a $15 shipping charge). I'd compensate you more. It would involve you making a call to HP to order the disks, then shipping them to me. I could make it easy for you and send you a self addressed stamped envelope.

Thanks,
    Ed Wilson

2. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

There used to be a time when MS had the Vista disks available online that only required activation... Where is the world going?

I only have a tx2500z, but the the Vista Home premium 32 disks will work on any HP computer. If you don't mind having to install the n-trig drivers after the OS installation, I may be able to help. I'll send you a copy of the backup disks that I have.

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Microsoft really needs to start offering those "media only" copies of the installation disks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.