Do you have a galaxy note? Inking flashcard question

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by paprikaleapt, Jan 19, 2019.

1. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

1. If you had a galaxy note android phone? and you wanted to quickly make/sync/organize inked flashcards with the s pen, what app would you use/how would you do it?

2. Do you have any suggestions for my current method? It's a bit clunky at the moment:
    On a galaxy note android phone:
    a. Open xodo new pdf with legal size aspect ratio (newer galaxy note's are very tall)
    b. Set pages to 999
    c. Use each page as a side of a flashcard

3. Do you recommend a better app specifically for making tall flashcards with inking on a galaxy note android phone?

4. For Xodo, could you turn on your phone and try saving a newly created pdf on a phone to dropbox? I can go the other way but not this way. Despite it sounding simple, I can't actually see a way to do in this in the app.

5. Results from googling:

The first two links include threads from here and reddit. I've tried the apps mentioned there- they don't seem to work well with inking. They seem more focused on text- I want to start inking / writing math/ drawing pics on the flashcards immediately after opening the app

https://www.google.com/search?q=gal...i57j69i60l2.9175j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2. paprikaleapt

TLDR:

The past suggestions below on inking flashcards with galaxy note phones don't work.

If you have a galaxy note phone with s pen, could you help me figure out an efficient way to make flashcards with inking + save them to dropbox? Xodo almost works but I am confused how to save to dropbox from the phone itself within Xodo- I don't really understand where dropbox's files are buried within the Xodo's representation of the android file system

Past stuff:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote8/comments/7kuty2/flash_card_app_recommendation/
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...making-flashcards-for-your-galaxy-note.73942/

3. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

The last time I looked into this, I came up empty-handed as well. The closest I got was doing action memos and taking screenshots of them, then loading each of those as an image into an Anki deck.

It's kind of a bummer there isn't a good fit-for-purpose inked-flashcard app. It's such an obvious use case for the s-pen!

4. paprikaleapt

My method with Xodo- how does it work for you?

Do you know how to navigate to where dropbox files are stored when you try to save a file using Xodo?

I'll see if I can find it again with another search but evidently on some phones it is
    https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/8436/dropbox-for-android-folder-location

/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/[userhash]/scratch/[‌file]

On a galaxy note android phone:
    a. Open xodo new pdf with legal size aspect ratio (newer galaxy note's are very tall)
    b. Set pages to 999
    c. Use each page as a side of a flashcard

5. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

I mean... I mostly wouldn't want to use a flashcard deck that's in the same order every time. Are you printing these out or something?

I also don't use Xodo... or DropBox lol.

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken I believe Samsung made one available in their own app store.