Do new hp tx2s new to be modified to keep the fan on high 100% of the time?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by davidd31415, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidd31415

davidd31415 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just picked up an hp tx2 and I noticed the fan is switching between high and low speed. I read that there were problems with keyboard lockups and BIOS changes which kept the fan on 100% of the time...

Should I do this?

I purchased a laptop cooling stand since I've read so much about the excessive heat on this computer. Currently it's running at 145 degrees F according to Everrest.

Thanks,

David

2. bobbyslav

bobbyslav Pen Pal - Newbie

The fan is on all the time by default, you can change that in the BIOS. Keyboard lockups occur when you wake the computer from hibernation in tablet mode and switch it to laptop mode.

You can experiment with the fan on and off and see which you like better. I personally left mine on all the time, because it produces more consistent (and generally lower) noise this why. When selected to not be on all the time in the BIOS it keeps cycling on and off every 30 seconds or so, which I find much more annoying.

3. davidd31415

davidd31415 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, it is on 100% of the time but it changes speeds. I thought I had read that there was a BIOS upgrade which would force the fan to stay on full speed 100% of the time.

So far no lock ups, temperature usually remains between 60C-70C. I am not sure if the cooling pad I picked up is helping at all.

4. bobbyslav

bobbyslav Pen Pal - Newbie

haven't heard of an upgrade to keep the fan at full speed all the time, but frankly I'd hate that. I don't know about yours, but mine at full speed gets pretty loud.

5. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

davidd31415, just wondering, what is your room temperature?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.