Do I Hold Any Grounds?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Oldmana, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldmana

Oldmana Pen Pal - Newbie

Well guys, I'm floored right now.

I went into the Microsoft store today to speak with the manager. I had emailed her about my experience with my Surfaces, and I reiterated what I had said in the email. She asked me what I expected out of this situation.. I said something along the lines of, "I'm not sure, but I hope to get something out of this considering the hardware faults." She immediately proceeded to offer me a Surface Pro 3. I wasn't sure whether she was trying to sell me one or give me one, but I had explained that the SP3 had major overheating issues and that it would be undesirable. She then offered me an SP4 of equivalent specs.. for free!!

I asked her if I could upgrade from the 128 GB/4 GB model to the 256 GB/8 GB model. She was happy to do that and the upgrade cost $150. I also purchased their $300 bundle for the keyboard, extended 3 year manufacturer[correction: only 2 years]/2 year accidental warranty(so no more funny business now), bag, and Office 365 1 year(which I'll probably sell). My total was $470 with tax. They took the SP2 and I kept the old keyboard. Absolutely killer deal. I couldn't have expected a better outcome.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Glad to year it. I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with my local MS Store manager in Christiana, Delaware. Good news. Of course, with your extras, the store probably broke even in the transaction too.

3. Oldmana

Oldmana Pen Pal - Newbie

It appears that you need to always bring out the manager if you expect to see any results. The front-end guys have absolutely no power whatsoever. Both times I've seen Microsoft store managers, they very quickly replaced stuff with very little discussion.

I'd say the transaction was a win-win. They kept a customer and still made a quick buck in the process. I bet that they were more inclined to give me the SP4 since the SP5 is likely on its way pretty soon. All in all though, I'm pretty fortunate to get away at such a low price.

sonichedgehog360 and Bronsky like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.