djvu

Discussion in 'Software' started by blblblbl, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

hi! is there some application which allows markup of djvu files, similar to what pdf annotator can do for pdf's?

2. Polar

Polar Pen Pal - Newbie

Im not even familiar with djvu files... what program uses these and what are they for?
    Excuse my ignorance..

3. blblblbl

it is a document compression format, much like the pdf. for very large documents, like an archive of textbooks, the compression ratio is believed to be much better

check out http://www.djvuzone.org/

4. Imtiyaz Khatib

Imtiyaz Khatib Manager, User Experience

Hi,
    I was extensively working on DjVu couple of years back and was trying to have a work around with annotations. (Couldn't really succeed much :( )
    However, you may want to try out client side functionality of highlighting that creates a rectangular highlighted box on the plugin DjVu image (basically an overlay). Just supply x,y,w & h cordinates and color parameter to get the area highlighted. You can find the implementation of same in the plugin documentation.
    If you have OCR coordinates availabe than you can use Djvu Ifilter which supports Windows NT, XP even servers etc. that support microsoft indexing capability. Am not sure maybe applications built on Microsoft indexing server can have the annotation capabilities

Cheers !
    Imtiyaz

5. blblblbl

thanks for the reply imityaz.

unlike you, I have been "reading" djvu extensively lol. I have no clue how to do the overlay at all.

I just want to read, hightlight (overlay?), and hopefully preserve the OCR serach capability. Would you kindly suggest a windows software for doing that?

6. tuebingen

tuebingen Pen Pal - Newbie

highlighting works well in windjview for documents with scanned text. select text - right click - highlight. voila.

7. tedted

tedted Pen Pal - Newbie

Just like everyone else in this post, I am a big fan of "PDF Annotator" ,but for DJVU files I have not been able to find anything simular. However I did find a program called "A-PDF DJVU to PDF" that conveniently converts the DJVU over to PDF so that I can mark it up in the PDF Annotator ( http://www.a-pdf.com/djvu-to-pdf/ ). I converted all of my DJVU's over to PDFs and gave up on trying to find a DJVU annotator program for my tablet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.