DJView4

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by d.goryachev, Oct 19, 2011.

1. osowiecki

osowiecki Scribbler - Standard Member

It works just as you described.
    Thanks for an update.

2. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

DJView4 have an great thing - copy the part of image(4th button, right after search). But I can't paste it in note app. Is it possible to activate this feature of DJView4? It seems VERY usefull.

P.S. Now I use slow method for copy the part of image - take a picture of screen, paste it in noteapp, copy the necessary part and paste it in some place.

3. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as i know, it's concerned with a sad fact that djvu itself and qt at all saves images in png, jped and other open formats, but eee note taking apps accepts only gif images (supported via plug-in for asus apps). I see no way to fix it inside djvulibre or djview4 :(

4. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

The Eee Note accepts greyscale 72dpi PNG for the background of its notes. Someone could make a script to export an area of the canvas as a partial background to be installed as a note template. However, this is not a very flexible approach to solving the problem :/

Are you sure Notes only accepts .gif from the clipboard? All of Ramses' Note templates are 72dpi greyscale .png, and they are successfully used as backgrounds, although not foregrounds. What I'm saying is that perhaps djvu could be adjusted to export to the clipboard as this type of .png...

5. d.goryachev

Viewer updated, added button to switch between landscape/portrait modes (4th from right in toolbar) and slightly changed sensor panel arrows behaviour: now they behave as pageUp/pageDown if there are free space and switches page if there are no.

Install/update via QtPacker

Example screenshot

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. d.goryachev

Lol, I've managed to add gif encoding function to djview4. It would be a qt plugin but .. i'm too lazy :) Anyway you now (oh .. soon) can select an area of page and save it as gif into /eTablet/var/photos re-scan SD card (to force native asus photo manager to index new files, may be i'll find another way to do this) and use it in note-taking app. Very handy, imho.

New djview version will be released in few days. Now trying do same for muViewer :)

[​IMG]

7. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't use DJView4 (don't have djvu files I need to use on the eee-note) but this is a very nice feature and I love to see it included in muViewer. Selecting an area and copy it in a note will be great.

Now I think of it... is there any possiblity of seeing something like gnumeric ported for at least reading basic excel files on the eeenote?

8. d.goryachev

QSimpleSheet Qt-Apps.org

?

9. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Not a bloated office suite (that will probably not work anyway) , just a simple spreadsheet program.
    I don't think we have any spreadsheet program on the eeenote currently, so that would certainly fill a gap.

10. steveppp

steveppp Pen Pal - Newbie