DJView4

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by d.goryachev, Oct 19, 2011.

1. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

EDIT

I would STRONGLY recommend to install DJView4 via QtPacker. Prior installation you should to remove an old one with this script

Here is third version on djview4

http://benedict.departament.com/eee.note/djview4-1.2.zip

To update from old version just use this installer - it will overwrite old files and add new.

Changes:
    1) Properly implemented minimization/restoration, i.e. if you reading a file, there are possibility to click "minimize" button on bottom bar to return to launcher and continue reading same file from same place later. Pls take in account that in this case app still loaded and takes some memory.

Here is second version on djview4

http://benedict.departament.com/eee.note/djview4-1.1.zip

To update from old version just use this installer - it will overwrite old files and add new.

Changes:
    1) Fixed titles in statusbar (restore old value after close, etc)
    2) Fixed bug with application shutdown when device goes to sleep.
    3) Added Russian translation, it visible if russian set in Eee Note settings.
    4) Minor bugs fixed

Here is first usable version on djview4

http://benedict.departament.com/eee.note/djview4-1.0.zip - installable package, like QtPacker's one. With djview4 itself, it's installs libdjvulibre into /usr/local/eTablet/lib

Install package SHOULD work, but i wish to ask everyone who feels themself compitent enough, to check install scripts. In my case all works correctly, but who knows ..

Here http://benedict.departament.com/eee.note/djview4-1.0.src.zip is sources of modified djview4.

libdjvulibre was compiled "as is" so no separate sources needed, compiled libs included into installation package.
    /EDIT

Before purchasing a Eee Note, I doubted in the possibility to view djvu files in it. The new firmware contains djview application, but almost all functions have been curtailed from it. Moreover, a large amount of djvu files was corrupted while i've tried to open them into this application.

Tomorrow I've tried to compile original djview4 and libdjvu, without any hopes to success. To my surprise, both apps was compiled end even runned in Eee Note.

From first look almost all functions working as intended, and there is really many functions.

Example 1:

[​IMG]

"Fit width" mode and search into djvu text layer

Example 2:

[​IMG]

Sidebar is turned off and page into "fit page" mode

Example 3:

[​IMG]

Rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise and custom zoom level (120%)

Example 4:

[​IMG]

One more funny display mode.

As appears, works even manual region selection by stilus with copying content from text or image layers or "zoom to fit region".

It's a good news.

After this small success I've tried to implement Eee Note bottom Bar (some bottoms you can see on screens). Unfortunately, I've found only examples concerned with software, visible on screen buttons. Sensor panel buttons behave in their own unpredictable manner.

Also, Bottom bar should be placed into his own QWidget, to prevent overlay with other GUI elements.

So would ask anyone, who can help - give me please documentation or example, how to work with sensor panel buttons? Sources from QtPacker of ConsoleQ, adapted for Eee Note can help too.

Sorry for my poor english :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Good work!
    Could please post a picture with what is available under "Edit" menu option?
    I am curious what one can do with DJView. I am not familiar with this format or with this viewer.
    Can you do handwriting, annotations and highlighting?

thanks
    PF

4. d.goryachev

Thank you! Tonight I'll try to make DJView4 usable for Eee Note :)

5. d.goryachev

I can't make screenshot because menu hides, when i clicking on "Snapshot" button below, but i can describe it:

1) F2 - Select (selects rectangular area with stylus, very useful feature. As i wrote before, it's allows to copy data from text layer (if any) into clipboard or save it as pocture, allows to copy data from image layer and copy it co clipboard or save as image and as last option - zoom to selected area, very useful to examine diagrams or tables)

2) Find - analogue of find widget in left sidebar

3) Find next - next entry

4) Prev - so on :)

2 - 4) options will work if djvu file contains text layer

As far as i know, there is no "editing" functions in DJView4 - it's a relatively simple viewer.

Unfortunately, there is no "bookmark" functionality which presents, for example, in Okular

About djvu format i can say only one - it's good choise for books with large amount of formulas, such as theoretical physics books or mathematical ones. Comparing with pdf djvu books 10-100 times smaller by file size and accordingly much faster to display.

6. PF4Tablet

Thanks a lot.
    I was hoping that the editing (annotations, highlighting,bookmarking) will be easier that for PDFs with DJView4 on eeeNote. It doesn't look so.

thanks again
    PF

7. d.goryachev

This functionality exists in Okular - universal viewer from KDE. I've seen it was ported for kindle and think there is possibility to port in into Eee Nore. Okular's screens can be found here Okular - more than a reader, think it's what you need :)

Moreover, okular can display pdf, djvu, chm, fb2 and many other formats so in can be good replacement for Eee Note reader (if we will able to port it) :)

8. PF4Tablet

That would fantastic although I believe somebody said it is not possible. Thanks again for all the info

9. d.goryachev

Looks like only cosmetic changes left to do, but only one thing still bothers - can't imagine how to use arrows on sensor panel (lowest row, three buttons - left arrow, home and right arrow).

Someone have ideas?

10. osowiecki

osowiecki Scribbler - Standard Member