DIY with the R1F

Discussion in 'Asus' started by SimsHsia, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Mynd Ara

Mynd Ara Deus Ex Macchus

thanks for your help guys. For a good minute I thought I'd have to settle for something else. I'm glad the option's there and if it makes short work of photoshop and 2d autuCAD, then I think I'm good to go. Lastly, does asus offer an extended battery option?

2. noskill

noskill Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup, there's 6-cell extra battery that fits into multi-bay slot and doubles your battery time, but its not available yet. It is supposed to be released in 1-3 months, as it have always been with ASUS (I mean, it releases extra stuff in ~3 months after first shipments).

3. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, I'm a student of Industrail design. Pretty much all i do is use CAD and photoshop and often 3d max for rendering.

My old desktop could handle everything i've been doing and that has an ati radeon 9250 in it with 128ram (yes it's ****, but it works n i never got any major lag, except in rhino.. but hey.. THATS RHINO!)

the R1F actually has a substiantially faster videocard than my desktop.

So, when i made the purchase of the R1F i resigned myself to the fact that I might have to use the desktop for cad and rendering.

With the benchmarking tests i did recently I found that rotating 3D solid models in CAd was about 10 - 20% faster (this is hard to gauge just by looking at it, u can only tell with super complex or bad convoluted files) and that rendering was 5x faster!

5x faster!!! sure my old desktop has an amd xp 2600 with 512 ram, but 5x faster!!

5x faster on the r1f!!!

the desktop just serves as file storage now, as it has become completely obsolete!

Jobbo

4. Mynd Ara

Mynd Ara Deus Ex Macchus

sounds good, what's the max screen resolution again?

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

WXGA resolution for the Asus R1F's 13.3" screen; or 1280 pixels by 800 pixels.