DIY internal bluetooth for gateway tablet?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by paranoiaboi, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

is there a way for that?

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You need to find out if your unit ships with the antenna. If not, you're out of luck.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I always recommend the ZOOM PCMCIA Bluetooth card. This is a great soution and has a small enough profile that you can leave the card in, even when you pack up your tablet.

4. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

well the reason im asking is that i might get a good deal on a gateway 2610 and i want to get the mogo mouse with it. now i gotta see if the gateway has 2pcmcia slots or one.

5. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

does any know if there is enough space inside teh gateway housing for a mod to place a usb bluetooth adapter inside? im only asking this because i can get a really cheap deal on a cx2610 for about a grand and it only has one pcmcia slot and im planning on getting the mogo mouse for that slot so there's no place to put the zoom card in there.

6. Brian

I think you should check with their tech support to see if you can add the internal card, that's your best path.

The Mogo comes out soon, we'll be doing a review as soon as they get to production.

7. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

im trying to email them but the tech contact requires all these fields like serial number of the tablet which i dont have.

8. Brian

9. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

from what i read on the other forums is that the techs they talk to said that there is no internal bluetooth antenna built in at all with the gateway tablets. i was just wondering if there are ways to mod it urself. like has anyone ever done a internal usb mod of some sort. like maybe rewire the usb port to point inside and add in a usb adapter of the sort.

10. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

hey do u know if there will be a zoom one that is bluetooth 2.0? or will the 1.0 be able to send stereo music to 2.0 headsets?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.