DIY fix for the Asus Vivotab Note 8 pen/touch failure.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mesosphere, Aug 29, 2014.

?

Did the cable replacement fix work for you (votes are changeable, owners only please)?

1. Replacing the cable worked.

30.8%
  2. Fiddling with the original cable worked.

52.6%
  3. A DIY fix is not something I'm willing to try.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I attempted the fix, but it did not work for me.

6.4%
  5. I have had no digitizer issues.

10.3%
  1. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

So is the bad driver also causing weird touchscreen issues? I'm finding that my Note 8 won't stay in sleep mode when I press the power button. It seems to wake right back up again, and then sometimes I can't the touch keyboard to come up to enter the PIN.

I'm currently trying older drivers to see if it fixes the issue. 7.3.4-28 didn't fix it so I'm going to try 7.3.4-8 and see if that works.

[EDIT] I ended up just removing the Wacom driver and forgoing Wintab support and it's working properly again.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. Yoyo

Yoyo Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm running Win8.1 still so this may not be relevant. For me, Wacom driver 7.3.2-12 is working great.

3. svenk

svenk Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,
    Many thanks for saving my Asus Vivotab Note 8 M80TA which is now on Windows 10 1703, especially to Mesosphere the Geek :). I had touch screen problem, 10 pin cable replaced as instructed in this forum. I really enjoy that tablet and it's size + pen.

4. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

This week's W10 update solved the touchscreen issue and improved startup speed and usage reaction times dramatically.