disassembly of stylistic Q775 tablet: help! :)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Yao, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello folks,

Can anyone give me some help on how to take off the back cover to access the battery and SSD of the Q775?

Thus far online, I have only found the user's manual and it doesn't have specific directions on how to take off the back of the tablet.

I just dont want to break any of the plastic tabs and not sure if there are any screws that need to be taken out first.

thanks guys

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Can anyone give me some help on how to take off the back cover...>>

Unless you can find an ifixit-type teardown or a specific video on YouTube or a similar site, you may be out of luck. Taking apart modern (sealed) tablets isn't undertaken lightly, even by those who have experience.

It's possible that someone here will respond, but I'd keep searching in the meantime. If you can find a teardown for another model of Fujitsu tablet, that might suggest how to approach the Q775...

Good luck.

Starlight5 and Yao like this.
  3. Yao

thanks. i cant find an ifixit or youtube thus far.

i dont remember where i read it, but someone said the Q775 back cover comes off with no screws. i just cant seem to find that forum comment.

i hope someone knows and responds here. thanks again

4. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Acts easily as on ordinary phone. Take a plastic mediator a plastic card. Also begin отслонять a cover on perimeter begin with any corner, only do not write off.

Yao likes this.
  5. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Yao , Fujitsu's manuals never include disassembly instructions. Fujitsu has official disassembly instructions, but those are only available to their partners. @ATIVQ found some of those a long time ago, but none were for the Q775. @Starlight5 reuploaded those here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/fujitsu-knowledgebase.793603/
    These and other disassemblies for other Fujitsu devices might give you a general idea how these are built.

As for the Q775, here are some general disassembly remarks/tips: Since it is not one of the waterproof Fujitsus, there is probably no glue involved in getting the backcover off. First take off those six rubber plugs on the back as some might hide screws. Then as @novo22 suggested, use your fingernails and something like a credit card or something slimmer to get inbetween. The plastic hooks are likely next to the ports and other openings. I would start at the side or the bottom.
    Be careful around the fingerprint reader and the smart-card-reader, those might be glued to the back cover and connected with a flex cable to the motherboard. If so, you need to unlock the cable connector on the pcb first and take the cable off, before completely taking the back cover off. Antenna cables could also be glued to the back cover.
    Don't forget to make some pics. :D

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Yao and Starlight5 like this.
  6. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yao! You have a tablet about a smart card?

7. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

it is impossible to post a photo only 1 Mb:(

8. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

There are no screws and is pasted nothing! Simply hook a cover and all. Only hook a plastic plastic card and all.

Yao likes this.
  9. Yao

thank you everyone! I took the tablet to a computer shop abd as novo22 stated, no screw. it pops off but you must be careful and slowly take it work around the tablet taking the cover off.

i didnt get a chance to take pics but i am going to remove it again and post detailed pics and directions. some nuances to be aware of as you remove the cover.

WHEW! glad we got to the bottom of this :)

Starlight5 and kvoram like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.