Digitizer Problem (C312/C314)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by radix, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDL0012

CDL0012 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just recently purchased an Acer C312 and I'm pretty impressed by it, however there is one problem that I have.

Along the bottom of the screen (the side with the hinge) every time I bring my pen to the very bottom of the screen, it seems to be off 2 mm towards the center of the screen. I've tried calibrating the pen and still it does not help. I was wondering it anyone else is having the same problem as I am. I have also updated to the most recent wacom drivers.

Anyone with a C312 or C314 have the same problem?

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I will check on my C314 review unit tomorrow (Thursday).

Barry

3. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I checked my C314. Moving the pen to the very bottom causes the pointer to be slightly above the bottom. It is not something that has caused any problem for me. Why are you worried about 2mm at the very bottom of the display? May have something to do with the pointer image. You would have to re-orient the pointer image downward to get the point at the very bottom. I noticed that at the left and top the pointer tip is right at the edge. On the right, the pointer edge is not quite at the edge.

4. CDL0012

CDL0012 Pen Pal - Newbie

You never had a problem in primary portrait mode with the scroll bar? That whole strip where the mouse can't get to unables me to slide up and down in any application.

5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

While my C314 exhibits the same issue, I have not had any problems with it (scrolling, etc.). As a matter of fact, I never noticed it until I checked it out for you. If yours is that far off even after calibration, perhaps there is somewhat of an issue with your unit. You could always send it in to Acer to check out. Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

6. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I put my C 314 in Portrait mode
    went into full screen IE
    scroll bars now at far right
    no problem scrolling
    pen pointer moves over scroll bar
    I do angle pen towards outside of tablet when I want to point to the far right edge

7. radix

radix Pen Pal - Newbie

My device came with this problem, right and bottom edges were not exactly edges, and were "off" by 3-4mm. Recalibrating the screen in both portrait and landscape fixed this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.