DigitalPersona & firefox 4.0?!?!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by mirroalex, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirroalex

mirroalex Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

is there any idea how to make digitalpersona(biometric) software work with firefox 4.0 or google chrome? do you know any alternative?

2. GiOakJoe

GiOakJoe Pen Pal - Newbie

go to the login page of what ever you want then swipe ur finger and it should bring up the set up for it.

3. mirroalex

so it brought that setup page (after swipe) but it doesn't understand the login fields (username and password)... did you try what you have said? did you try it with firefox 4.0 final or rc or google chrome 9 or 10?

4. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as I know digital persona only suppors firefox 3, and up to firefox 3.6 via changing the compatibility requirements.
    Hopefully they will support firefox 4.0 soon.

5. mirroalex

yeah, i knew that, moreover i saw in one forum that the user sent an e-mail to digital persona team and they replied that they are not going to support firefox 4.0!!! that's why i asked about alternative?

so in the worst case what should we do? i really get used to use fingerprint.... :(

6. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

Wait for HP to release a new line of notebooks that uses digitalpersona then hope for the software to leak somewhere so we can grab it. They ain't gonna make it support firefox 4 unless someone like HP pays them to do so :S

7. mirroalex

Oh... I cross my fingers ... :eek:

8. Lokan

Lokan Longtime Convertible User

Found on When will Digital Persona extension be available for Firefox 4 | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox-Hilfe

quote:

"Me Also sent an Email to digitalpersona and their answer Was:

Thank you for contacting DigitalPersona. There will be no update releases for DigitalPersona Personal in the future. There will be no updates for Firefox 4 nor Internet Explorer 9. IF they work they work, if they do not work with DPPersonal, then you will have to decide to either keep DPPersonal and forgo Firefox 4 or IE 9, or vice versa. DigitalPersona is leaving the consumer market and is focusing on business applications. In fact, DigitalPersona Personal will not longer be supported after Mid-April of this year. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Sincerely, Tech Team"

9. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

You could try out this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fingerfox-se/
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know if it works out.

EDIT: It does work, but its not automatic. You have to click on the icon in the Add-on bar (or press alt+x) then swipe your finger and re-input your passwords since now you're filling in the fields of the extension rather than the website itself.

10. davedave

davedave Pen Pal - Newbie

I received a message from Digital Persona people this morning.

***"DigitalPersona Personal 4.x Compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 & Firefox 4

Recently, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 9 as a download as well as made it available via the Microsoft ‘Automatic Updates’ mechanism. Furthermore, Mozilla has also recently released Firefox 4.

Although DigitalPersona has been testing and upgrading its products and applications for compatibility with IE 9 and Firefox 4, this work is not yet complete. DigitalPersona Personal 4.x is not compatible with IE 9 or Firefox 4. Fingerprint logons created with IE7 or IE8 will not work after upgrading to IE 9 or Firefox 4.

It is our recommendation that customers NOT upgrade to IE 9 or Firefox 4 at this time. For customers that have already upgraded to IE9 or Firefox 4, in order to maintain DigitalPersona Personal functionality, it is recommended that you uninstall IE9 and\or Firefox 4 respectively."***

With no time-frame given my prediction is we won't be seeing it any time soon. I really like the software but I am disappointed with the Company. I would also like to find an alternative Company that is more customer focused. I have purchased the full software after the free reduced version was part of my HP laptop.

r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.