Digital Planners or Digital Bullet Journalling

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by DRTigerlilly, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have OneNote Gem and if I'm not mistaken you can only use it in OneNote Desktop.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  2. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been following this closely as I'm finding that our days here run much more smoothly when I take the time to dump the to-do list in my head out onto "paper" for everyone and we get to check off tasks and chores as we go. I'm ready for something a little more organized than just a straight list I write every morning, but I'm not sure I want to go full bullet journal, that stuff is intense (or is when you follow a bunch of crafty moms doing it and you've not got a crafty bone in your body.)

Anyway, I've been using my goodereader as my task list because the screen can stay on all day with it sitting in a central location so we can all see what still needs to be done. So, I don't have fancy colors. I do have Xodo, so I think a PDF could be useful as a template. I wonder how big/complex of a PDF the ereader can handle.

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

if you have an iPad you should check out Opus One, unless you absolutely want to ink.

4. violajack

I'll check that out, but I'm pretty sure I'd do better with something I can handwrite on and look at without having to wake up a screen. But I have to agree with the earlier point that as much as I like Windows and Android, iOS is really a level up. Maybe it'll work out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. ORTOX

ORTOX Scribbler - Standard Member

That is correct. And with the recent official word from Microsoft that OneNote 2016 will be the last full desktop version of OneNote with no further updates, OneNote Gem might be a non-starter for many. I'm going to try to only use the OneNote Microsoft Store application from now on to wean myself off of the desktop application.

I've been using my Windows tablet at work for this purpose. I just have it on the charger all day so battery life isn't an issue.

6. violajack

I tried Opus One yesterday and it turns out I hate having to tap the plus, have it pop up a new panel with a bunch of fields I don’t need to fill out just to then have to type out the task. I brain dump much better with a pen in my hand.

Right now my lists are pretty simple anyway, and mostly repeat from day to day. Such is the mind numbing Groundhog Day of staying home with three small children. But, I’m still right on the edge of wanting to homeschool, at which point a good task management system will be essential.

With a soon-to-be-mobile baby in the house, having a power cord draped off the table is not an option. I need true all day battery life out of anything I’m working from. Some days I don’t spend much time at the table on a device, but some days I’ll kill my chrome book. Haven’t run the iPad all the way down yet though. And of course the ereader lasts weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

TBH I hadn't tried it on iOS i'd tried it on MacOS, it sounds like there are differences.

Anyway if it doesn't work for you, back to the drawing board!

violajack likes this.