Digital magazine for the slate

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by LuxurMag, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuxurMag

LuxurMag Pen Pal - Newbie

You can now navigate between our various issues on the homepage!

Steve-
    I apologize you are having trouble with the navigation system. We had no other choice than to click between pages otherwise we would have to pre-load a vast amount of content.
    The 'NEXT PAGE' and 'PREV PAGE' buttons slide out and then back in on every page but the effect may be confusing you. When they slide in you can navigate to the next or previous page from any page you are currently on by clicking on them now. I had placed then on the sides for easier navigation. The page numbers in the lower right should help you determine where you are in the magazine.

2. LuxurMag

We made a minor but necessary update to the way our pages turn now. It is much more fluid and you can flip more quickly making for a much better overall experience.

3. LuxurMag

Our March Mystery issue is out! We were a couple days late but the wait is worth it. Can you solve the mystery this month?
    LUXUR Mag
    I hope everyone enjoys!

...and don't forget to support the Flash community. Without Flash all we would have are paid apps licensed by companies trying to take away freely developed content. Don't be tricked into paying for games or content that have been available for FREE in Flash for years!

4. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

Great job as usual. My wife really enjoyed it.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Nice job, as before, but just a couple of comments:

<> Navigation: I am going to again recommend that you should not have two "Next Page" icons on any page. The red "ribbon" icon at top right is confusing since it only appears occasionally while the left (back) and right (forward) "Next Page" bars are always displayed. Settle on one or the other and just use it consistently!

<> Sticky cursor: Maybe it was just me, but on some pages that allow panning, I could not disengage the cursor to reposition it. In particular, this occurred on the page with the "wheel" at far right. Because I couldn't reposition the cursor, I could only get the wheel to turn through a small arc.

<> Music / sound: Be careful how you pair sound and activities. On the page with the Venus puzzle, the "music" is a very short snippet, hence highly repetitious. The puzzle takes at least a few minutes to complete, but in that time, the "music" repeated so many times that it became more than a little irritating...

Good luck...

6. LuxurMag

The next issue is now out - A Nautical Journey!
    LUXUR Mag

Thanks so much for keeping up with us. We've been listening a lot to our viewers and make great strides to clean up and progress as much as possible each month. This months issue is late like last month but hopefully the experience makes up for it. There's a lot of technical work that goes into producing each issue so sometimes progress may seem slow but we assure you that we're working very hard to take every criticism into account and to enhance things we haven't gotten around to yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.