Difficult Choice !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NKK, Jul 21, 2005.

1. NKK

NKK Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been looking for a tablet for the last two months ! After reading every possible reviews, my choice is between the Fujitsu T4010 and the HP TC4200.This is the first time that I will be using the tablet/convertible since I like to experiment and try new ways to explore. Can anybody tell me which tablet is best ! when compared overall......
    Thank you for all !
    NK

2. Brian1848

Brian1848 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am guessing you are going to get several questions re: what you are going to be using the tablet for. I have found myself waivering between the two machines and the final straw for me was that I need a higher resolution screen (SXGA+ 1400x1040). Plus, my work is much easier when I can burn a cd/dvd for my clients when I am at their office so having the integrated DVD burner was the other requirement for me.

So, I'll go ahead and ask for the masses. What are you going to be using it for?

Brian

3. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't like having another Brian in here at all, but the name serves well, as he's right. We need to know more about your usage. Generally though, I prefer the smaller and lighter tc4200.

4. NKK

NKK Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you guys.....I knew that question was coming !
    I am a retired engineer and love gadgets. I am using an HP laptop at this time,
    but I would like to experiment the tablet. I use it for regular e-mails, the net, MS word, Excel, Paperport and sometimes do consulting work. My first pick was the HP TC4200 but then the reviews about the Fujitsu T4010 where as good as the HP TC4200. I need an overall good quality tablet with a nice display and as light as possible if I need to take it with me, since I will use it at home with a port replicator and a 17" LCD.
    So what are your verdict !.....Thanks again and I think I need reassurances.

5. Brian1848

Brian1848 Pen Pal - Newbie

Brian,

Since you don't like having another Brian in here, fine, I'll just change my name to BrAIn since that is how many people think our name is spelled. The other option is, since you are a mod, you could always change the spelling of your username to BrYan .... Ha-Ha!!

Or maybe I am just your smarter and better looking alter ego.... ever think of that?? Ha-Ha!

NKK, I am a bit of a gadget junkie too but also need a good laptop/tablet for my work. I have pretty much decided that I am going with the Fujitsu because I "need" the high rez screen and like the idea of having the optical drive IN the unit.

It sounds to me that most people think EITHER unit can be a good choice and the "devil is in the details" of how you are going to use it and what you want.

(BTW, it seems to me that with the fewer number of tablet manufacturers, they have done a pretty good job buliding different enough devices to fit the needs of most current tablet users. And of couse, there are always people like me, the dreamers that have a picture of what the perfect tablet would be).

6. NKK

NKK Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks BrAIn, I ment Bryan1848....You make a good point and I think I have a picture in my head too. I will wait for the other Bryan and curious to see his response!.Anybody out there with suggestions ?....I have to make a decision by this weekend.Thank you ALL for your HELP.
    NK

7. NKK

NKK Pen Pal - Newbie

My appologies to the BRIANs, I mispelled your names in my last reply.
    NK

8. Brian

Hah! Well, if you don't need the integrated optical drive, the tc4200 is still a good choice. The Fujitsu will be better for extended use on battery with the dual slot and of course it has the higher res screen. It's also a little heavier, so you just have to find the right fit for you.

9. NKK

NKK Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you BRIANs, I think after thinking about your suggestions, I will be going with the Fujitsu T4010 from Portable One; that is another PLUS, since I heard they have an excellent service and support that is crucial for a convertable laptop. Would anybody know if they are coming with a newer model shortly ? or it is not worth waiting for......Thanks again.
    NK

10. Brian

They are the best Fujitsu reseller...

As for a new one, they should refresh it this year with Sonoma, but I've heard nothing on a time table.