Different Windows 7 Versions

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by stud1, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

This time around Microsoft has decided to scale back a little on the versions of Windows that will be available in the retail channel, and hopefully cut down on some of the confusion that ensued with Vista, re Vista Capable & Aero Capable.

Only 4 of the 5 versions will be available in the US, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate.

For us tablet minded folk, the versions that offer tablet functionality are Home Premium, Professional & Ultimate.

Check out the schematic of the features available in the different versions below.

[Credit Neowin]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Vomeo1691

Vomeo1691 Pen Pal - Newbie

Drtigerlilly, are you actually running Windows 7, or just keeping us up to date?

I ask, in all politeness, solely because I want to know if the Windows 7 RC is ready for full on OS use without much trouble...or is still very sketchy and unfit for long term use.

Thanks!

P.S. Those images are /really/ small... :)

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

don't the images enlarge? i got them from Neowin.

I'm doing a little of both. I've been running Beta 1 (build 7000), its been mostly stable (occasional flickering, issues w/ sticky notes search being really slow, after the first couple weeks is all that really comes to mind) , so i'm really looking forward to the RC, haven't seen it up on Connect yet though....

4. stud1

stud1 Pen Pal - Newbie

hmmmm.....

I thought they would just release an All-in-one Version... i honestly dislike this product differentiation thingy going... Can we send them a letter that we only want 1 version only?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.