Different type of Stylus for Lenovo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by phucnguyenpham, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phucnguyenpham

phucnguyenpham Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

I lost the stylus that came with my X200 Tablet. Searching around the internet for a replacement and they are all within 40 -50 dollars range. Is there a different stylus that we can use for X200 b/c quite frankly, it is a little too much for my budget at this moment?

Thanks,
    Phuc Pham

2. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

You should be able to use any Tablet PC stylus, as they all work off the same hardware. You might want to find one that fits easily into the slot, though. I think all of 'em are around that price range...

3. jonlumpkin

jonlumpkin Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm sort of in the same situation. The side switch on my stylus broke off today. I actually had to remove the keyboard to get the stylus out (the mechanical release got caught on the open gap in the side of the stylus). It still works, but is in a deprecated state.

I called Lenovo for a replacement, but it appears the stylus only has a one year warranty (despite having a three year warranty on my tablet) and is no longer covered.

I'm looking for a replacement, but am remiss to spend $40+ on an OEM pen. I have been looking for quite some time for a Wacom Cross Executive Capless and would be willing to spend $60+ if I could find one (it's been discontinued for at least a year). Alternatively, I'm open to suggestions for other high quality pens that would work with my x200 Tablet, or a tip on finding a less expensive OEM replacement.

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Just as a FYI to users I have a bunch (~20) styluses for the x61t that I got from my old work (aka used, but fully functional) that might go up for sale soon.

5. Jeegen

Jeegen Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an X60 tablet and replaced the stylus with a $40 Wacom pen from Amazon. Much better construction

6. jonlumpkin

jonlumpkin Scribbler - Standard Member

Could you be more specific about the Wacom pen you got from Amazon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.