Differences w/ fresh Vista install - tx2500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tj2010, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj2010

tj2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, after I got my tx2500, I took the plunge and clean installed Vista following the sticky post for the tx2000. There were some differences and following the directions were fine, with a few tweaks along the way.

Below are a couple things that I haven't found solutions for -

1) Missing HP Tablet Support for Mobility Center - this is a tile that is accessible from the shortcut on the bottom right of the screen. From what I've gathered, HP had two from the factory, this one that allows you to quickly access tablet functions and the other being the Wireless Assistant. The original installer is not in the swsetup foler. (original post - http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=18369)

2) Missing HPGames folder in the swsetup folder - self explanatory.

3) HP Backup and Recovery will not create bootable recovery cds. It will create an image of the hard drive that you can store on an external drive. It will not create cds like the original install. If you retain your partition, I deleted mine, it will make one recovery cd from that partition.

If you've taken the plunge, please note the differences you've come across and if you've got a solution, post that as well. Maybe this can help people in their decision to clean install.

TJ

2. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Answered in other thread regarding issue #1

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

billycat, could you share the thread where the issue is covered?

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

It's linked in tj2010's post, "(original post - http://...)".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.