differences between active stylus A00, A01(Jan), A01(Feb)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by bugelrex, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the pleasure of having all 3 versions at once and can compare at the same time. Heres a summary

with OneNote 2010 desktop and pressure sensitivity turned OFF
    A00: Mine worked well, other than battery drain and random hover click 2-4 times a day
    A01(Jan build date): Works well, but still experienced battery drain in 1 week. I get a hover click maybe once every few days.
    A01(Feb build date): needs more pressure to write consistently, If I don't apply slightly more pressure, sometimes strokes will not be recognized (if I write a whole page of words, about 5-10 words will have problems with writing). Replaced battery to confirm its not battery. If battery doesn't drain, I will just have to live with this. I will give up

larsenmm likes this.
  2. St. Lamar

St. Lamar Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for reporting in! Where do you actually find the manufacturing date? Is it on the packaging or the device?

3. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Scribbler - Standard Member

I wasn't sure either. I was looking on and inside the pen. But when you mentioned the packaging, I took a look. And that is where it's at. On the back of the packaging is a barcoded sticker and mine shows "Rev A01" "Mfg Date: Feb 2014".

4. St. Lamar

St. Lamar Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, Ravy! I'm expecting mine any day now.

5. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

Just thought I'd mention that I have A00, bought with the bundle when the V8P was first announced, and I have yet to replace the battery. I only use the device every few days, but at least it's idle lifetime is good.

6. dwx

dwx Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been using the A01 for a few weeks and the battery is fine. A00 writes better but has terrible battery life.