Did your TM2 have hardware problems?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Malangyar, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Did you return your TM2?

1. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned more than one unit

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned it

45 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) but I have not returned it

35 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. No, my TM2 is working correctly.

66 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. koao

koao tm2's great.

Gaming? 4.8 <- I'm not entirely sure that's really high... What I do is simply just have nothing going on when I do the test, and I leave the battery on high performance mode.

2. elintripido

elintripido Pen Pal - Newbie

When in tablet mode I tend to hold my TouchSmart from the top left side. Unfortunately the flimsy plastic bezel has a hollow space exactly below that point and started cracking and ended totally breaking.

I'm sending it for repair although HP customer care can't ensure that they won't charge me untill they clarify if that was a misuse (I didn't hit it or let it fall or anything though) or if it's a design flawn (which I totally believe is!).

Any of you guys had the same problem?

D.

3. coreymcc

coreymcc Pen Pal - Newbie

I had my tm2 for about 4 weeks, i liked it, except for the wifi stopped working. turned out it was the antenna that came unplugged. easy fix.

then it started shutting down from overheating.
    I updated the bios.

a couple of days later it overheated until the point where the screen flashed couple of times then the unit started smoking under the keyboard.

I returned it to HP for repair, they told me 7 days.

a MONTH later they called and told me the unit had "liquid damage that was clear and obvious under the keyboard and on motherboard" and told me it would be around $500. THIS COMPUTER WAS BARELY USED AND KEPT IN A PADDED FLIGHT CASE WHEN NOT IN USE. it NEVER got wet. i was with it the whole time i had it.

when i received the -still fried and unable to do ANYTHING- unit back from them I took it apart and looked at it. NO WATER DAMAGE, NO "OBVIOUS LIQUID DAMAGE" OF ANY KIND. it looked brand new! minus an obvious burnt out component on the motherboard.

I told them this and they said "they may have confused it" and ask me to send it back to them.

this all started in april!!!!

it is now OCTOBER and the website they gave me to track it STILL says "waiting on the arrival of parts"!!!!

still nothing!!!

HP is a HORRIBLE company to do business with and i will NEVER make that mistake again. over $1k waisted on a computer that worked for ONE MONTH!

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Call them and tell them exactly what you've told us....From the beginning. The whole odyssey! If you're right about the device, they will listen to you and help you out! Just insist! They are a good company, but sometimes it takes a bunch of calls to see them shine their brightest. :)

Call them!

5. shadowyani

shadowyani Pen Pal - Newbie

Call them, stay calm and cool and explain to a case manager. You might get lucky.

HP had my sister's TM2 for almost 3 months by the time she complained. The case manager just ordered a new one for her and apologized. I'm not sure they would have ever finished the repairs on the old one, it just seemed to be lost in limbo.

Edit: Whoopsies thread necro

6. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

I had an issue with my TM2 today, I had been syncing my iPod but had to quit before it finished. I canceled out of the sync and closed the lid and left. When I returned and opened the computer again, not only did it not recognize the fingerprint reader (something it normally does when you close the lid), but then it started having problems with the USB ports, all of them. I've restarted. I've even tried a couple of system restores and rolled the computer back to an earlier day, all failed. I turned it off and will try turning it back on, I will even try reinstalling the drivers, after that I suppose I will need to contact HP directly and get their advice. The track pad still works though, it's just the USB ports and fingerprint reader and even worse, the digitizer, and the touch screen too but I don't care about the touch part much.

7. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Back up your iTunes playlists, library (and whatever else you can) then remove iTunes, reboot, and try re-installing iTunes... it sounds like iTunes not synching could have caused your problems

Also if the problem remains, try creating a new user and see if that account is experiencing the same usb problems.

8. watchdog

Well, neither attempt worked. I'm going to try downloading driver updates, specifically the bios and see if that works.

9. watchdog

Oh wow, it just started to work all by itself today, weird.

10. MunsonRoyE

MunsonRoyE Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had mine for little over a week. I tried to watch a movie the other night for the first time and the sound was horrible (bass and loud noises were all distorted, but talking was fine). I spent over 2 hours with support trying to figure it out. I am now waiting for my box to send it in for repair. Really love the tablet otherwise!