Did your TM2 have hardware problems?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Malangyar, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Did you return your TM2?

1. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned more than one unit

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned it

45 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) but I have not returned it

35 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. No, my TM2 is working correctly.

66 vote(s)
    41.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koao

koao tm2's great.

I returned mine.

(1) ATI GPU caused the i5 CPU to go high in temps, but that was not the only sole problem. That problem could have been fixed with a cooling pad.

(2) I had a hinge problem, where in tablet mode, I can still press down on the laptop (it's like a door that won't close)

(3) When I first turned it on, i pinched the side of the laptop (above the screen orientation button), and the graphics went all haywire and caused the system to freeze up. On several occasions this happened.

------
    The rest was like, I didn't like how glossy it was, all my fingerprints was smearing it, and it was so reflective in my room too...

2. TRICH911

TRICH911 Pen Pal - Newbie

I returned for a dead left speaker and a gap in the front of the lid. My replacement has no issues, hardware or software. I was satisfied in the manner in which HP handled as well.

3. shadowyani

shadowyani Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally got 3 with near perfect build quality after sending back 6! The only complaint is that one runs louder than the other 2. Temperature wise the i5 gets around 70 C when gaming. 50C when idle. That's on all 3 of them, so I assume its normal. I read somewhere the max temperature is 105 C.

4. Joswea

Joswea Pen Pal - Newbie

I find that a little hard to believe.. 105 C is insanely hot. Where'd you read that?

Congrats, btw, on finally getting some good units. =]

5. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

I received mine last week. It was a custom build model. I got it with i3 CPU & AMD graphics, no Bluetooth.

It is working fine. I replaced the HDD with an Intel 80 GB SSD, with a fresh installation of Windows 7 Professional.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this unit. I hope it can last at least 3 years before my next replacement. :D

6. Ultimoose

Ultimoose Scribbler - Standard Member

105C is the i5's rated max threshold per Intel.

7. castnorth

castnorth TM-2050us - Newbie

purchased a tm2050-us from Frys over labor day and am all seems good except my MY dedicated rotation button the side of the screen has stopped working (any ideas-still in process of searching this great site).

and the when i turn it to tablet mode it never seems to feel like the back of the monitor is set firmly on the keyboard. is this a common thing? I just keep having this feeling that their is something slightly off with my monitor build so i will wait a little before answering the poll. (-;

8. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I think a user called "wakeupneo" had the same issue when he did a fresh Windows 7 install on his Core i5. Try searching his posts about the issue.

I think his problem had something to do with the Quick Launch drivers. He installed them, but they wouldn't work. It's necessary to install another driver package from HP for them to work, I don't know which one though, sorry.

The monitor wobbles a little bit if I force it, I think it's normal.

On a side note, I would like to reset this pool, as it is a bit reduntant since it doesn't tell you if it's a 1st or 2nd generation tm2.

I think that the new Core i3/i5 models are generally less problematic. I stopped seeing threads about serious hardware issues´, and the ones that ocasionally pop up are about Core 2 Duo tm2. I personally had three problematic C2D tm2 and a perfectly fine Core i3.

9. koao

koao tm2's great.

That happened to me, and I also bought a 2050us on frys over labor day.

All I did was reinstall the Quick Launch applications. Apparently, the rotation button relies HEAVILY on HP Quick Launch buttons... i thought it wouldn't be necessary.

10. castnorth

castnorth TM-2050us - Newbie

Yea, I read a little more and saw that others had had a similar problem. I am glad to know that it is most likely a driver issue as i have loaded tm2 control and i am so happy. I don't know why hp would not have included something like this out of the box.

"The monitor wobbles a little bit if I force it, I think it's normal."

Good to know, I really like the tablet and I am already starting to use it heavily and it would suck if i had to return it and wait.

"That happened to me, and I also bought a 2050us on frys over labor day."

Koao, I saw another of your posts apout WEI and was curious how you got your gaming index so high. Any pointers?

Thanks for your responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.