Did your TM2 have hardware problems?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Malangyar, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Did you return your TM2?

1. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned more than one unit

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned it

45 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) but I have not returned it

35 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. No, my TM2 is working correctly.

66 vote(s)
    41.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Oh, dude! That sucks! Now I feel your pain. You did the right thing.
    I hope you enjoy your next tablet.

2. Fkn0wned

Fkn0wned Pen Pal - Newbie

I am wondering if i should attempt to send my tm2 back to get it repaired, i am pretty sure the only problem i have at the moment, that i have noticed that is, but i have the keyboard not being seated at the top left i mean it is not a BIG issue but i don't really like seeing it or hearing the difference while typing.

maybe this can be fixed by myself easily but i was wondering what you would do?

3. jonny4

jonny4 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having an issue where the Touch stops responding for a bit but it seems like a software issue. I have chatted with HP once and I am updating all pertinent software now and will chat with them again afterward.

4. e-schreiber

It seems that touch goes into Standby when not used for a few minutes. And to wake it up, you need to touch the screen a few tines and wait a couple of seconds. At least that's the impression I get with my TM2.

5. JoKu

JoKu Pen Pal - Newbie

^^This is my problem as well after a lagged out system update of SP1 for Win7

Doesn't seem like a button is stuck , but it acts like it.

6. siyahbalik

siyahbalik Pen Pal - Newbie

i have a fan problem too. when i start tm2, fan work with fast speed (noisy). but sometimes notebook start normally (%20).

When fan is working noisy, i look at the device manager and see "intel management engine interface" with yellow sign. i want to reinstall driver but pc said i allready newest driver. so i still waiting to fix it.

EDIT: this problem appeared when install windows to an SSD, when original hdd is installed everything worked fine. so icant use SSD with TM2.

7. spacegravity4me

spacegravity4me Pen Pal - Newbie

Man, after reading this thread I am freaking out! lol. I just got my tm2 in the mail last night. I set it up and one of the first things I noticed was that the mouse seemed unresponsive at times on the touchscreen. I didn't think too much of it until I started using the touch pad and it would go spastic frequently. It makes it difficult to play minecraft I can tell you that much. I had read nothing but positive reviews of this machine and I was really excited to get it. My last laptop was a tx2000 and needless to say it didn't end well. Motherboard over heated and gpu fried twice. SO, should I just send this thing back now or what? I really like it but the main reason I bought it was for its touch capability and if it is always going to give me probs then I don't know. It's slightly difficult to use it right now. I love the idea of this machine but I'm not attached to it yet. Let me know if I should just send it back or if there is something I can do. thanks.

8. e-schreiber

Things to try:

1. Perform all updates and reboot.
    2. Re-install the touch drivers and reboot.
    3. Perform a Full System Recovery.
    4. Perform a Minimized Image Recovery (search the forum).
    5. Call HP Support.

The device is a great bang the the buck, especially if you get it on sale! Do not give up on it until you've tried to fix it.

9. Guppeh

Guppeh Pen Pal - Newbie

I had an battery problem with my TM2T-2200 CTO, where the battery would not charge until fully depleted (down to around 4-6%), at which point it would begin charging again, up to full.

HP Diagnostic software said battery check was OK. Tech support had me re-install the drivers, run through battery calibration (basically, just let the notebook run on battery from 100% down without suspending or running on AC power at any point) -- only temporarily fixed the problem, it kept re-occuring. Also tried swapping in a new battery, problem kept re-occuring after that too. The problem was eventually resolved by sending it in for a motherboard swap.

My notebook has also had the common no-touchscreen / USB not recognized glitch, which was fixed by following the excellent cable-reseating instructions in this forum. It just seems like these units have a lot of reliability issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.