Did your TM2 have hardware problems?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Malangyar, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Did you return your TM2?

1. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned more than one unit

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) and I've returned it

45 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Yes, my TM2 had hardware problem(s) but I have not returned it

35 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. No, my TM2 is working correctly.

66 vote(s)
    41.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

Reading through numerous threads with people returning their unit, I'm just wondering what the statistics are.

EDIT: Hmm, sorry about the first and third option, they've come off a bit unclear. The first one is for those who've returned more than one unit and the third is for those who have not returned their TM2, although they do have a hardware problem.

Can't edit the poll. :S

2. sjones411

sjones411 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does returned also mean "sent back for repairs"? Mine had a bad Wifi card, but rather than sending me a new one they're attempting to fix it first.

3. mariol90

mariol90 Scribbler - Standard Member

I would say yes, since technically it's being repaired.

so far, the only problems i've had with mine are minor, and were probably my fault (i ordered one with 3GB ram, should have gotten 6GB for $100 more, for some reason whenever it runs very very low on memory the screen randomly goes black).
    and part of the border around the screen wasn't flush, but i kept pushing it back (it'd "snap" back) and now it's staying. :)

4. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes. I have to admit though, that I thought HP generally just exchanged the unit instead of trying to repair it.

So far it looks like 50/50, pretty high failure rate. On the other hand we must take into account that people with problems are more likely to seek out forums like this for help.

5. beere

beere Pen Pal - Newbie

My only problem is the fingerprint-reader which sometimes after hibernate isn't recognized.

But beside that its great!

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You will find a solution, just try to find it.

7. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I guess I've been lucky, my tm2 seems to be well built and working just fine. I really couldn't be happier.

8. xraydj

xraydj Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure HP has a general policy; I've had A LOT of interaction with the HP support people (two broken computers sent to me within a week's time), and it seems like each person has a different opinion as to what should be done. Some suggested I exchange the computer (ship in my computer, and they will replace it with an equivalent custom computer to be shipped in roughly a month's time), some suggested I get it repaired (turnaround time quoted at 5-9 business days), and then got a call-back after choosing to go the repair route and they offered to do an overnighted replacement computer (with better specs than my custom order, but this also arrived broken).

I will have to say that I agree on the potential for a skewed vote, because I wouldn't have navigated to this forum today had I not had issues with my two tm2's.

9. Azuryu

Azuryu Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't had any issues with mine at all. At least nothing that couldn't be fixed with a new driver.

10. r3load3d

r3load3d Pen Pal - Newbie

I have what might be a hardware problem, where after resuming from standby, the tablet will hibernate and tell me that either the system temperature has exceeded max safe levels (or something), or that the cooling fan has malfunctioned.

I'm waiting for a BIOS update before I do anything about it though, as there's no way the tablet can be too hot when it's been asleep for hours, right? :p The cooling fan error could more likely be a hardware problem though.

Anyone else have/had this problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.