did you pay from cross ship?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by deepak, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, i haven't been on this board for a while, so sorry if this is a duplicate thread. I RMA'd my battery a week back, and i received it today; but it looks like i will have to pay to ship my old battery back to USA. There is no paid sticker or any instructions inside. Did you guys also had to do this? If so, could you please tell me how much you had to pay for shipping it to usa from canada.

Many thanks

2. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm fairly sure that you don't need to cross ship. They try to get you to pay, but most people are successfull in argueing that they shouldn't need to pay

3. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

I emailed Andrew (the usual guy i get my RMA# from) but this time requested cross shipping.... and there has been no reply since (about a month now) ... so what i did was went to the local asus branch and flashed my bundle of previous RMA forms and demanded that they swap the battery... and i got it swapped without even having to wait a month for them to do "testing"!

In any case, asus will usually pay for shipping.. they did when i RMAed the whole laptop once. I know cross shipping is a tad bit difference, but i really don't think the person on the receiving end of the phone call cares since it isn't directly coming out of their pocket...

4. deepak

thanks, i called asus today and they told me that i would have to pay for shipping. But then why i started to express my concern, i was surprised that after speaking only one sentence the lady on the other agreed to send me a paid envelop (or something like that). this is so not good of asus, they are trying to get away by asking people to pay unless somebody objects to it. this is not a good approach. anyways with my new battery + modular battery i am getting up to 6hrs battery life!!!

5. mikemead

mikemead Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm from Belgium and the rma equipement is sent to Nederlands. If you send the whole computer, you don't pay anything. If you only send the battery, they charge you the return package.

I don't know really why, as it involves more risk for the computer and it's heavier. Maybe they want to be sure it's not a pb with something else than the battery.

++

6. kerrigjl

kerrigjl Pen Pal - Newbie

I called today and complained that I didn't get a way to ship it back, and the CSR told me to use their FedEx account to ship it. Took it to a FedEx/Kinko's, gave them the info, and it was sent. I hesitate to put the account number up here, but you should be able to get it by calling and saying you want it. Good luck!

7. deepak

i received a paid fedex shipping form the day after i called asus. it came by priority mail and the paid form was marked express overnight delivery, so i don't have to worry about my package getting to them within 14 days, sweet!