Did anyone pre-order Win7?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by TabbedOut, Jul 6, 2009.

?

Pre-order Windows 7?

1. Yes I did

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, I'm going to wait until SP1 comes out / I buy a laptop with it pre-installed / etc

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Why???? It makes little sense. The deal runs out on July 11 and unless you want to give Microsoft an additional $200, I suggest that you take on this opportunity. If you do not like the upgrade, sell it for profit at some given date!!

2. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope, I got my Free copy from Microsoft Connect and that's all I need :D

3. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

What the requirements are for the upgrade are not as yet communicated by Microsoft. Those who think that you have to have an activated version of XP or Vista for an upgrade, may well be wrong. Nobody knows at this time and all current information indicates this. It is quite possible that it may only require the entering of the key of the previous approved version to install Win7 in a brand new disk. The upgrade can do clean installs.

In any case, even if the extreme case outlined before is true, all one needs is to have made an image of a fully installed Vista (or XP), copy the image on the drive prior to upgrading and start the upgrade. My guess is that a typical user would not be doing this more than a couple of times.

However, it would be best to have the correct information prior to making these decisions and the information does not exist as yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.