Diagonal Jitter test UD EMR vs AES 2.0 vs Apple Pencil 1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shogmaster, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I finally made it to one single Best Buy in Los Angeles area with the Lenovo Yoga A940 demo unit today (Torrance Best Buy on PCH). Took along my Lenovo Helix 2nd gen and Yogabook 2nd gen ("renting" Yogabook from Best Buy lolz). They had Suface Studio 2 and iPads near by so... Time for the ultimate diagonal jitter test!!!

Part 1:
    Part 2:

I had to use programs available on Surface Studio 2 and Yoga A940, which were the new Ink Whiteboard (Ink Sketchpad no longer available on new Win 10 builds). I used Clip Studio Paint on Helix 2 and Yogabook 2, and something I don't remember on iPad (lol). But seeing the results, I don't think the apps made much of a difference since Yoga A940 did so damn well but used a free MS app anyways. Yogabook 2 had CSP but failed miserably compared to the others.

I was really impressed with the Yoga A940's AES 2.0 digitizer grid density! It's very much comparable with UD EMR and Apple Pencil digitizer! And that's REALLY impressive when you consider how honking big the digitizer is (27") vs the other AES 2.0 unit in the video (10.8" Yogabook 2), and how cheap the A940 is comparably to the Surface Studio 2!

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That's the first time AES has impressed me! That A940 looks amazing. (Though, it also looks like it was designed in the 1980's. It reminds me a bit of the old Atari 2600!).

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That might be my fav part lol. Love that chunky blocky look.

thatcomicsguy likes this.